Rose Hair molted and hasn't eaten in over a month

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My rose hair use to eat like a pig until he/she molted about 5 weeks ago. Hasn't eaten since, shows no interest in food at all. Just a year old so isn't a mature male. I looked closely and he/she has fangs - I just don't understand why a once ravenous eater is suddenly showing no interest in food.......Acts normal, walks around the enclosure, up and down her log - behavior hasn't really changed...moves stuff around. Ideas?

web eviction

Arachnolord
Welcome to owning a rosea, mine usually go at least 3 months after a molt with ought even looking at food... I have one that hasn't eatin in over a year and hasn't molted at all in the last four years. All in all its fine just be patient it will eat someday ;)

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its a rosie. They are known for fasting. It is ok, don't be worried

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
THANK you for responding to my thread. I will relax now and quit worrying! :) Thank you so much.

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just a year old ?

How do you know this ?

At a year old I would expect it to be around 1 to 11/2 inches legspan which I think is maybe just sexable using a good microscope.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yeah just relax, mine goes on fasts for 3 months at any given time without warning, then eats again for a while then fasts. strange but as long as there is water your T will be fine.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Kinda typical Grammostola behavior - the whole genus tends to go on fasts, it's just that roseas are more often talked about regarding that.

Solution: Don't worry.

Example: 4 year old, 6" female G. pulchripes, fasted 4+ months, start of this month dug herself in. Haven't seen her since then and don't expect to before earliest mid of January really...:D