1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Room For 10

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Cashworth, Mar 8, 2012.

1. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Advertisement
    People generally only talk of limited successes....by the way this thread died, i would bet my boat that it went bad....like they usually do.

IMO these experiments are utterly pointless and only serve to lead others down this wrong path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Justin Lacas

Justin Lacas Arachnopeon

thanks for your input, mate!
    I have 5 P.Regalis slings set to arrive this weekend. Breeder says they're close to 1"
    I plan on keeping them together with the communal set up I've read from the above thread for a few months or up until they hit 3" juve size then start separating them to avoid casualties as this is just about the stage they turn bolder and more territorial. I hope this goes well as I plan to do the same when I get P.Metallica slings later this year too.

I think so too. The Poecilotheria Communal set up is usually good while it last, I did some reading and conclude that it's usually best to separate them when they pick up size as there isn't much success of them thriving together until maturity unlike other true communal species like M. Balfouri

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
  3. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

If you're going to keep them together for a few instars and then separate them, why keep them together at all?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Justin Lacas

Justin Lacas Arachnopeon

I plan to observe them for a while, but not for too long as I have mentioned all of this is new to me and any form of hostile behaviour or any agression I will notice should make me pull the trigger and separate them. This is more about experience which is a bit similar to some people who decided with taking on this arrangement.