Room For 10

cold blood

Staff member
Hi, I am years late (newbie) but I am intrigued with how things turned out with your communal setup.
I hope you're able to share us few bits of how they grew up along the way too.
People generally only talk of limited successes....by the way this thread died, i would bet my boat that it went bad....like they usually do.

IMO these experiments are utterly pointless and only serve to lead others down this wrong path.

Justin Lacas

Arachnopeon
Good luck waiting for answer as he wasnt active here since 2012. But I would bet my money on it turning bad, as wast majority of commmunals do...
thanks for your input, mate!
I have 5 P.Regalis slings set to arrive this weekend. Breeder says they're close to 1"
I plan on keeping them together with the communal set up I've read from the above thread for a few months or up until they hit 3" juve size then start separating them to avoid casualties as this is just about the stage they turn bolder and more territorial. I hope this goes well as I plan to do the same when I get P.Metallica slings later this year too.

People generally only talk of limited successes....by the way this thread died, i would bet my boat that it went bad....like they usually do.

IMO these experiments are utterly pointless and only serve to lead others down this wrong path.

I think so too. The Poecilotheria Communal set up is usually good while it last, I did some reading and conclude that it's usually best to separate them when they pick up size as there isn't much success of them thriving together until maturity unlike other true communal species like M. Balfouri

Last edited by a moderator:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
thanks for your input, mate!
I have 5 P.Regalis slings set to arrive this weekend. Breeder says they're close to 1"
I plan on keeping them together with the communal set up I've read from the above thread for a few months or up until they hit 3" juve size then start separating them to avoid casualties as this is just about the stage they turn bolder and more territorial. I hope this goes well as I plan to do the same when I get P.Metallica slings later this year too.

I think so too. The Poecilotheria Communal set up is usually good while it last, I did some reading and conclude that it's usually best to separate them when they pick up size as there isn't much success of them thriving together until maturity unlike other true communal species like M. Balfouri
If you're going to keep them together for a few instars and then separate them, why keep them together at all?

Justin Lacas

Arachnopeon
If you're going to keep them together for a few instars and then separate them, why keep them together at all?
I plan to observe them for a while, but not for too long as I have mentioned all of this is new to me and any form of hostile behaviour or any agression I will notice should make me pull the trigger and separate them. This is more about experience which is a bit similar to some people who decided with taking on this arrangement.

Justin Lacas

Arachnopeon

I would just like to update that I have received my 5 Pokies and I decided to keep them separately instead.
I read the thread again and your words somehow made me pull the trigger and not go for the communal setup.
Still am amazed with their growth rate as they have molted 2 or 3 times already and are now more or less in the 2 inch mark even when I only feed them once a week.

Thanks for the inputs