Road Cruising Colorado

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
I hope it's ok to post non-insect/arachnid things here.

Just thought I'd share these! I'm in the Loveland/Denver area and I like to sneak out of the house and go drive for hours on dirt roads and look for critters! Rattlesnakes [also referred to as "dangernoodles"] are my favorite and I haven't seen any before moving here! I usually just take photos for a couple of minutes and then scoot them off the road with my hooks [or shoo them off with a squirt from a water bottle.] I've had a few snakes (the bullsnake in this post) that I've had to move off highways. I took that bullsnake in a snake bag and drove her out a mile or two from I-25 and let her go in the fields.

Hope you guys enjoy!

This guy I actually took from a neighbor's backyard in the suburbs neighborhood. He was a big sucker too! Pushing 6 feet! He had a small injury so I kept him a couple of days to treat it and make sure it wasn't getting infected. A week later I was able to release him in a good spot away from the city.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dangernoodles, eh? :D

Love the pics. Been awhile since I've had a chance to get out and about somewhere other than Denver. Color me jealous!