Roach had babies, do they eat their young?

Hiss101

Arachnopeon
Should I separate them into a different tank? Was not expecting this. Thanks

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
Roaches have no problem living in a large colony with both adults and babies so they will be fine and leave them together as Patherophis said.....just make sure to provide enough food so the roaches don't have to resort to eating their own.

Hiss101

Arachnopeon
Okay then. Sounds good to me...

Anything I should know, that I don't? Because I don't know ow anything.

Hiss101

Arachnopeon
They didn't have as many as I read they should have so I was worried that they'd been eating them. I think there's less than 20, and I've read they have at least 30. Unless she's still having more? No clue how long it takes them.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
They didn't have as many as I read they should have so I was worried that they'd been eating them. I think there's less than 20, and I've read they have at least 30. Unless she's still having more? No clue how long it takes them.
The numbers are only rough guidelines. Hissers aren't prone to cannibalism. Which isn't to say it never happens, but if they've got protein in their diet, they're not going to get that desperate.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
Each clutch of babies can have vastly different numbers of babies...sometimes is a small amount and sometimes its a large amount...as Polenth said...its a rough guideline of what you could potentially expect....so I won't worry at all

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Egg crates, make sure you have enough so the males won't fight and eat each other's children.