1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

River City Exotics, San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'Petstore Reviews' started by cbeard, Nov 5, 2009.

1. cbeard

cbeard Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I worked at this store, it carried all types of pets, but the store owner was a herper, so he sold a lot of what he liked as well. The store owners name is Mike.

We carried CB (by the owner)...
    Rainbow Boas, Ball morphs (albino, axanthic, spider, pastels...), corn snakes, milk snakes, king snakes, Sulcatta's....

and of course, Mike would order things from other dealers, and supply animals bred by customers in the area.

RCE carried a very large amount of animals, and for the size of the store, the animals were in very good shape. Of course, we had our days where we fell behind and not every order was in A+ health, but 99% of the time, we had good stock. We were very honest sellers, and the prices were fair.

Mike breeds rodents for feeders by the thousands, and the breeding room was kept in immaculate conditions. We cleaned until we couldn't breathe. If the room was dirty, in any way, there was an employee in there cleaning until the store closed, sometimes longer.

Mike is strict on the care of his own animals, and especially on the care of the animals in the store. We were forced to know every aspect of the animal, and never send a customer home with any questions. This pet store job turned into tough work, quickly.

I would recommend this store because I put sweat into it, making sure it was in tip top shape. I know Mike is still in Texas working his a$$ off there too, so I can guarantee that you will get what you want.

Mike supplies a lot of inverts. Not as much scorps, but T's. We probably had around 15-20 species including slings. We could get what you wanted though if there was a special request.

I highly recommend RCE. Don't be discouraged by the owners attitude, hes strict in what he does because thats what real herpers want in their local pet store. hes an excellent person to go to with questions as well, as he can answer anything or will figure it out for you BY the time you leave the store.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VenomousMe

VenomousMe Arachnopeon

Texas

Just a little update on this old post. River City Exotics carries 2 options right now : "Avic Avic" and G. Roseas. I would have thought I was in petco except I found out they had a Theraphosa. Labeled just Goliath. It was a stirmi, if anyone cares. Doesn't matter I bought it :) Apparently the demand for T's in my area is low right now..I've only been in this store a few times over the last 6 months but there is not a whole lot of variety from what I've seen. I wish I could have seen it when there were "15-20 species.."

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014