RIP little one

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I don't normally make posts like this, but I guess that is because it happens very infrequently, thankfully. I'm also a pretty private person and tend to not share personal things online, even "anonymously."

But, my parents' dog passed away overnight last night. She started having issues yesterday evening, and her health deteriorated so quickly. Mom called today to let me know. She was old, just having passed her 14th birthday, but it has still shaken the family.

Her arrival in the family was a bit tumultuous, and was actually one of the primary catalysts leading me to moving out of my parents' home as a university student. But she was an energetic and goofy little thing who wasn't socialized and hated other dogs, and she made it impossible not to love her.

I got to see her last weekend on a visit home, and while she was definitely old she seemed in good health.

So, goodbye Lexi. I'd wish you the best in chasing rabbits in the doggy afterlife, but you were oblivious to them unless you accidentally nearly stepped on one. I don't think that is going to change now.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. Such a cute dog. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to my 2 babies.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Bloody knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

So, so sorry. Losing a dog is horrendous. 100% the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.