RIP Cleopatara

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My C vit cleo died, actually i think it died a day or two ago. Im thinking maybe from old age since it was a WC adult and belonged to someone else and then belonged to me. Anyways, either that or its possible i over heated since i had direct heat lamp heat, but it never read about 85-90. Idk what happened either way :( tis a saddd day

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
My C vit cleo died, actually i think it died a day or two ago. Im thinking maybe from old age since it was a WC adult and belonged to someone else and then belonged to me. Anyways, either that or its possible i over heated since i had direct heat lamp heat, but it never read about 85-90. Idk what happened either way :( tis a saddd day
How long did you have her?

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
only like 2 months! So i really dunno what went wrong
That sucks . I hope I'm not cooking my H. laoticus at the moment without knowing it.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sry about the loss, this is the reason i never heat any of my inverts, i dont want to come home to a fried invert. Not saying that yours did, but you know what i mean.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that Ryan, Not too long ago I also had an adult female C. vittatus die of unknown reasons.
Most likely old age since mine was WC too.

But did it come off the climbing structure and onto the ground to die?

Last edited:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
'Shew,

She lived a very good and long life. Sorry for the loss.

Luc

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RyanC said:
Sorry to hear that Ryan, Not too long ago I also had an adult female C. vittatus die of unknown reasons.
Most likely old age since mine was WC too.

But did it come off the climbing structure and onto the ground to die?
yea it did,

thanks for the kind words everyone

bark- sorry indeed, specially since it was partly ur loss as well

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eh, Mine did the same thing. Just came off the bark and croaked.

Again sorry for your loss C. vittatus are great scorps.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry bout the loss shew. i have found with Vittatus, they do a whole lot better in temperatures about 75 f, as opposed to 85 +. i have heard of many people having them die, seemingly to "dry out". next time you keep these i would suggest lower temps, and a good mist once a week, just make sure the enclosure is well ventilated, to prevent mycosis. hope you aquire some more of these beauties in the future. and again sorry for the loss.

cheers, steve

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Scorpion jerky (drying out), formaldehyde, alcohol, lucite, etc.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I put mine in an airtight container and put it in the freezer.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Or you could preserve it in candy too (think of those suckers they have on that one site) I dunno if I would ever eat it though as you don't know why cleo died.