Ride it cowboy! Ornithoctonus sp. Vietnam bird eater

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ride it cowboy! Haplopelma?

I had some fun mating tonight... The rest of the photos are going in my picture thread. I just thought this was too funny not to share. Sold to me as Ornithoctonus, but maybe Haplopelma.

Last edited:

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiha~~~ thats how u do cowboy style..
^^ cool pic

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pic...*dirtysnicker*....

But why would breed them if you aren't even sure what they are? :?
And what is that roach doing in the background?

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Because they were collected from the wild within meters of eachother. Why not breed them so that the demand for WC in the trade is less?

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Because they were collected from the wild within meters of eachother. Why not breed them so that the demand for WC in the trade is less?
how do you know they were collected next to each other?also its not uncommon for dif species to live right next to each other aswell!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you get a successful sac; what will you sell them as? :?

I agree completely that CB is best for the hobby; and the T's as a whole. But clarity of species is at least as important, don't you agree? :)

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Probably what they were sold to me as. :rolleyes: That is IF I even get a sac. She has already produced and likely eaten a sac for her previous owners. And from what I have read so far about Ornithoctonus, it is not uncommon for them to eat their sacs.

They have distinct markings that lead me to believe they are both the same species. If I discover later on that they aren't, well I'm not opposed to putting them both in the freezer. I will be going to the museum on campus later this week to see if there is not a key in their library so that I can properly id these guys. I'll let you know what I find out. ;)