1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhino roaches died, help

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Android raptor, May 10, 2018.

1. Android raptor

Android raptor Arachnopeon

Atlanta
    Advertisement
    I've been keeping rhino roaches (m. Rhinoceros) for about 2 years now. Lady night one was shimmying around like it was about to molt, so I misted every now and then but otherwise left it alone. Now it's not moving and I think it's dead. The other two are fine as far as I know. I haven't changed husbandry at all recently. The dead one has always been a bit smaller than the other, is it possible it was just weak?

For obvious reasons this is pretty devastating. Any ideas on what happened?

• Sad Sad x 1
  2. KevinsWither

KevinsWither Arachnobaron Active Member

What did you feed your rhinoceros roaches?

3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Sorry to hear that, it really sucks to lose a roach like that.

4. Android raptor

Atlanta
    Oak leaves and occasionally carrots and fish flakes. I know not to feed US eucalyptus because it's toxic.

5. Vladaz1

Vladaz1 Arachnopeon Active Member

6. Android raptor

Atlanta
    Now one of the others is acting weak and won't eat. It's still crawling around though. Should I put it in an icu? Granted i know rhinos don't like heat.

• Sad Sad x 1
  7. Android raptor

Atlanta
    The second one died after fighting hard for over a day. I've moved the last one to a different enclosure and am praying it stays ok.