Question Reviews and reports

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The chances of me being interested in new review and report postings as about the same as finding a rhinoceros in my jeep. Any way to turn the notification off?

The Snark

Old Timer
Nope. Did as instructed. Waited the requisite 31 hours and zilch. Machinery need oiling?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
where are you receiving the notifications? Can you post a screenshot?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
oh, those. everyone gets them. that's the "unread" counter. just hover over the menu entry and when the menu pops up, click "mark viewed". the number will disappear until there is a new entry. it's the equivalent of bold text for an unread thread.

The Snark

Old Timer
Now that's just fantastic. Up in my face frivolia magna with each log on. Brightens up my whole day and adds paint thinner to my coffee. Right up there with finding a poison oak leaf in my pocket or a banana slug in my boot. A few dozen reviews of something just below installing a derelict steamship in the kitchen on my shopping list. And several hundred un-looked at pics to join the 350GB I still need to edit and submit.
My ecstasy knows no bounds.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Alternatively, you can go to "preferences" in your account, and under "options" uncheck these two sections:

• Display unviewed media count above navigation tab
  • Display unviewed showcase items count above navigation tab

Worked for me.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@wizentrop Thank you for that. I thought that was a global option that was not changeable by users. Thanks for proving me wrong.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
You're welcome :)
I think we are all in the same boat here - trying to learn the new platform and how to optimize it to our use. To be honest, I did not know initially what those checkboxes do, but figured it is worth testing and experimenting with.

The Snark

Old Timer
You're welcome :)
I think we are all in the same boat here - trying to learn the new platform and how to optimize it to our use. To be honest, I did not know initially what those checkboxes do, but figured it is worth testing and experimenting with.
And on the code/server side it's much MUCH worse. I was going over a script the other day that I desperately needed to understand and extract specific functions out of. No exaggeration, I read and scanned those 400 lines or so for a solid two hours to understand the nesting and find the desired functions and calls. Setting these boards and such up is a freaking nightmare sometimes.
(Not complaining too bitterly though. In some old Linux boxes we didn't get indents and CR/LFs. It was all concatenated on one line separated by semicolons.)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alternatively, you can go to "preferences" in your account, and under "options" uncheck these two sections:

• Display unviewed media count above navigation tab
  • Display unviewed showcase items count above navigation tab
Worked for me.
I have been searching for a way to disable those 2 annoying counters of eons on and off. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!