Reusing Foam Background

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Can you re-use foam/silicone/coco fiber background if occupant (a T) croaks? What's the protocol?

Thanks!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i wouldnt see why not.. id just give it half good cleaning to make sure there is no/web feces on it and call it good
I will go as far as to say that i have used the same SUBSTRATE before with out even cleaning it , webbing /feces/boluses and all, when i was new to the hobby and the t was just fine. It may have explored a bit more, but fine none the less.
The only reason it sounds iffy (that i can think of) is because the previous t croaked in the enclosure. How did the t die and what not..

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Not sure. She just up a died on me. No apparent signs of disease or parasites. She (pokie) lost a leg in a molt a month or so back and didn't look right ever since. I'm thinking of moving my A avic into the now unoccupied enclosure (5.5 gal vertical). I put a lot of time (and love) into the enclosure and I don't want to trash it. I'll give it a good wash-down and move her in. Thanks!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i remember that pokie youre talking about. she was a beauty.
Anyways, seeing how she died for no apparent reason, i would definitely clean the background pretty good. All will be well.
Sorry for your loss btw