Returning to the hobby

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
A few years ago, I had 4 tarantulas. I ended up losing my 4 tarantulas to an ant infestation in my old home, it sucked, and it made me feel like a failure. I decided to take a break from the hobby because i felt awful about it. Now, i feel i have matured enough and know more, and i feel like I can keep my T's successfully this time. I know how to handle the situation if ants show up in my new place. I plan on taking my return to the hobby slowly though, I don't want to overwhelm myself.
Hopefully I'm welcome here even though my original experience failed so badly :confused:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Welcome back to the hobby! I'm awful sorry about your past Ts, but I'm glad it didn't deter you 100% from keeping Ts. What species are you considering now?

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Welcome back to the hobby! I'm awful sorry about your past Ts, but I'm glad it didn't deter you 100% from keeping Ts. What species are you considering now?
Probably going to start with a Grammostola or Brachypelma. I know a lot of species had their names updated so not sure on the type yet. Just a slow new world, bring me back into the hobby gently.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Here are some name changes:

Brachypelma albopilosum, brachypelma vagans, and a few other brachypelma species are now in the genus tliltocatl. Avicularia versicolor was put in a new genus called caribena.

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Here are some name changes:

Brachypelma albopilosum, brachypelma vagans, and a few other brachypelma species are now in the genus tliltocatl. Avicularia versicolor was put in a new genus called caribena.
Thank you! If i'm able too, i'm going to a reptile expo next saturday. So hopefully will pick up my first T there.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Start with 1 see how you do, but I don't suggest collecting them like skittles at a rapid pace like many seem to do.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
A few years ago, I had 4 tarantulas. I ended up losing my 4 tarantulas to an ant infestation in my old home, it sucked, and it made me feel like a failure. I decided to take a break from the hobby because i felt awful about it. Now, i feel i have matured enough and know more, and i feel like I can keep my T's successfully this time. I know how to handle the situation if ants show up in my new place. I plan on taking my return to the hobby slowly though, I don't want to overwhelm myself.
Hopefully I'm welcome here even though my original experience failed so badly :confused:
Welcome back.

Hard losses can be devastating, they are more than pets...so yeah.

Here's to your knew beginnings...ENJOY!!! :cool:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Welcome back to the hobby and the site. Like some have said, just take it slow. Get your bearings with one before you start "collecting" them :)