1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Researchers Create Artificial Spider Silk Spinner

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by mistercurls, May 18, 2010.

1. mistercurls

mistercurls Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/05/researchers-create-artificial-spider-silk-spinner.php

I was just farting around at work this morning before I left, and stumbled onto this article. Seems like they are pretty close to finally making man made spider silk.

This plus nano tube technology, the possibilities are endless! What kind of things do you think they could use it for?

And also this is my first post in forever. I need to buy some tarantulas and get myself back into the swing of things.

2. bankrobber89

bankrobber89 Arachnopeon

That's pretty awesome. It will be interesting to see what they use it for :clap:

3. PsychoSpider

PsychoSpider Arachnoknight

Just think of all the possibilities...GIANT SPIDER SILK SLINGSHOT{D

4. bankrobber89

bankrobber89 Arachnopeon

Haha that's brilliant, I want one lol

5. mistercurls

mistercurls Arachnopeon

Haha giant sling shot. That would be grand. Or maybe universal fishing string. You could catch anything from a perch to a 500 lb bluefin without having to change the line!

6. pwilson5

pwilson5 Arachnoknight

ive seen something i think thats similar being used to weave carbon fiber for automotive parts

7. gromgrom

gromgrom Arachnoprince Active Member

ohio
    there really will be a spiderman

8. BrynWilliams

BrynWilliams Arachnoprince

i've seen those nanotubes being postulated for use in things like bulletproof vests etc as the tensile strength is way more than aramid... cool stuff :D