Research Scorpions Need Homes (Michigan)

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It happens all the time to me with USPS. I rarely get anything on time from them. Sucks FedEx and ups cost so much.
This really sucks, especially if they die in transit.
Usps is pretty amazing in my my part of the country, only issue I have had is an item from Bulgaria was lost by the USPS, and took them 6-7 weeks to deliver it.

Still hoping they arrive safe.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
USPS did this to me except with a Scolopendra heros pling. Poor baby centipede spent 5 days in the mail but he was ok luckily and is a personal favorite in my collection.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Still nothing. As I write this post I'm on hold with USPS trying to figure out where they are.

Harrison Rice

Arachnopeon
I can take a few, and I live in Colorado but Ive already had some shipped to me no problem. A friend of mine from out of state would send me slings in envelopes without any problem and low mailing cost.

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Still nothing. As I write this post I'm on hold with USPS trying to figure out where they are.
They are no help at all when you call.
When I called regarding my lost package from Bulgaria, they had no clue what had happened. They just told me that it might be in customs, but they weren' sure because it didn' say it was in customs.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Here's to hoping... Honestly I don't even care if I get any at this point, I'm just angry (putting it mildly to avoid censorship) at the incompetence of the USPS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of them.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, they have been delivered. I don't think I really need to even say the out come.. It was shipped overnight but there is stickers on the box that says ground transport only. I wonder why they switched it to ground only once it was already in transit? This is bs, f[*&**&^ g USPS.

Sorry everyone, wish I had better news for you. Poor things didn't stand a chance in freezing temps for 10 days

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, they have been delivered. I don't think I really need to even say the out come.. It was shipped overnight but there is stickers on the box that says ground transport only. I wonder why they switched it to ground only once it was already in transit? This is bs, f[*&**&^ g USPS.

Sorry everyone, wish I had better news for you. Poor things didn't stand a chance in freezing temps for 10 days
That sucks!
Thanks for trying to save them, and share them with the community.

It is tough shipping things close to Christmas time as tons of packages are being sent.

Wonder why USPS F'd things up?

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hold up!!!!!!!!!!! We have movement!!!!! They are warming up and some are starting to move around. I am blown away right now...

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have survivors. 43 to be exact. 11 normals 32 gertschi morphs. Mainly males for some reason but there is a few females mixed in. I'm shocked, when they arrived they were limp and motionless. But as time passed and they warmed up some pulled thru. C.sculpturatus has to be the toughest Centruroides species I've ever seen.

Attachments

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So now, how would you guys like to split em up?
Not sure what's fair, or how many people are were interested.

Maybe you can divide them up for the people that were interested?

I'd love 2 pairs, but not sure how many females you have.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Due to the amount of casualties I’ll pull out my request to give other members opportunity for them. Give them nice warm homes as these are survivors and deserve the best.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok Erik... your a nice man to step back and allow other to have some.

How about I make 8 groups of 5 in 16oz deli containers and number each group. Then I'll message the people who were asking for some and have them pick a number and that's the group you get.

I would do my best to split them up evenly so no one just gets males. This will make sure no one gets butt hurt or feels left out or something.