1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Research Scorpions Need Homes (Michigan)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by awiec, Nov 6, 2017.

1. awiec

awiec Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    I just sent her a message to see if she is comfortable with that, we'll see if she responds.

Since this was for a university project I'm sure there are special permit that allowed him to receive the animals. I work in a lab that has a lot of exotic plant pathogens that would normally get you a fine if you were just Joe Public shipping them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

Too bad this isn't 7yrs earlier. I would've made that drive from Tuscola county for some. If there are any left over and she can ship I am interested as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. awiec

I did bring the shipping up to her and she said she'd ask her boss if it's okay, if so then she wouldn't mind shipping to someone like drapion for them to be distributed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

Just let me know

5. Moshtico

Moshtico Arachnopeon

Any more word on shipping? I would be interested in one or two if they are able to be shipped.

6. awiec

I talked with her yesterday and she said she's totally for shipping them to drapion for him to distribute as long as he pays for shipping, she just needs to double check with her advisors. Half of them still need to be milked but she would be fine with shipping them all to someone as long as she gets the OK to do so. She said that they have been breeding like crazy but eat the babies. She also has some Hadrurus arizonensis left and would let me know if they haven't been picked up in a few weeks, those I wouldn't mind taking and sending off to people since there are 5 or 6 left.

• Like Like x 1
  7. drapion

Ok im down. If there eating their babies their really under alot of stress. Thats sad. Yes please send them ill cover shipping to me but the people who want them can just pay shipping and ill get them to them. Poor little guys and gals

• Love Love x 1
  8. awiec

The cage conditions are under whelming, my scorp was just sitting in a dish with gel crystals looking pretty pathetic since she only has a pvc pipe to hide under. Since these animals are basically there to be fed to these grass hopper mice, I get why the cages aren't much but I do feel sad for them.

9. darkness975

darkness975 a Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

They need fresh water, that gel product does not work.

10. awiec

As soon as I got her I threw them out and put water in there. She'll be in a new cage by the end of today so hopefully she'll perk up some more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sr20det510

sr20det510 Arachnosquire

Drapion,
    If you have a few extras once they arrive to you I will take 2-3.
    I have two males, and would like begin a mini colony.

12. TheScorpionMan

TheScorpionMan Arachnoknight

Texas
    I have 2 colonies of c sculpts so i could take about 20 more np if you get them all ;)

13. drapion

Ok. When it happens ill go back thru this thread and message all you.

14. KevinsWither

KevinsWither Arachnobaron Active Member

I am wanting some too! Pm me! Wanting an arizona bark colony.

15. FatherOfScorpions

FatherOfScorpions Previously Sempiternal7 Active Member

@drapion , I'd like some too when they are available! ;)

16. drapion

Ok. Kevin it says you live in arizona. What are you waiting for? Go to walmart buy a ten dollar blacklight and get at it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sr20det510

sr20det510 Arachnosquire

Any updates?
    I'm down to one male scorpion : (
    I purchased them as adults about two years ago, so not sure on their age.
    Do you the life span of a bark scorpion?

18. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

I'll take 100 of them. Please send Priority Overnight and send a few hundred feeder crickets. Throw in a 20 galllon tall terrarium too. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. drapion

Life span depends on species. But Centruroides live from 2-3 years. Sometimes you get one that will last a little longer but its rare.

You got it Erik, there on their way. I also set it up with LLLreptile that every 2 weeks you will get 200 3 week old crickets and starting in a month 400 pinheads delivered weekly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

Yes I'm joking people.