Reputable breeder not responding?

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well it depends. Ive ordered from him twice, and everything was phenomenal, but I think he might have used USPS. If he did use USPS, then its probably them, since they aren't quite what I would call efficient.
I haven't mentioned who I ordered from.

I still haven't received an email or any other type of response from this dealer. All of his messages have been sent via iphone. So, obviously all he has to do is get off his lazy @## and check his email and send a short reply. Doesn't take but a minute. I don't see how busy someone would have to be to not check his email when he can just use his phone. It seems terribly irresponsible of someone who runs a "business" to take care of it this way.

Last edited:

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have now received two PMes from people that have had the same problem recently with the same dealer. I haven't even mentioned his name on here or implied who it was other than saying he only responds by iphone. Well, apparently if you get a lot of positive video reviews by very respectable and trustworthy people on youtube this gives you the right to screw over everyone else. I guess he thinks that b/c he is on a lot of very popular people in the hobbies good side that he can get away with ripping people off to line his own filthy pockets. I for one am not worried about getting flamed by anybody on here for standing up for what is right. Nobody in this hobby should have to deal with this type of internet thievery.

I had someone else email this guy today to see if they could get in touch with him. What do you know? A very quick reply saying that he had emailed me earlier today. I haven't received an email, PM or a phone call from this punk since 9/9/09. I only received that message b/c I had threatened to cancel my order if I didn't hear back from him. I will make my own thread in honor of Alex080 shortly. The only reason I used him was b/c of how many positive reviews I have seen of his all over youtube. These people that are showing his reviews even though they're getting hooked up are unknowingly being duped by some greedy kid. I am sure that they have no clue of what he is doing to others in the hobby. Never since I have gotten into the hobby have I heard of, or dealt with, someone that is such a black eye to it while coming across to so many as a noble and generous icon of that same hobby. Well played sir. Well played. I hope you have enjoyed the money you have stolen from honest people b/c I will do my best to end your scheme NOW!!!
He can still rectify this situation if he chooses to. If anyone else would like to share their own mishaps with this guy feel free to. I will of course go through paypal and dispute the charges like others have had to do. I just can't sit back quietly while a snake like this lurks around the hobby to prey on innocent people and especially noobs who might be turned off from it after dealing with someone like this.

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We've avoided posting for fear of being flamed. We ordered from Alex-080 in April and the order has been nothing but a hassle and a loss of time and money. The order was missing a T, which took him over a month to refund. We had agreed to let him keep the T for an extra week for his own breeding purposes, but after several weeks he still didn't send it. We received several emails giving different shipping dates but all came and went with no T. Another T was missing a limb, which he apologized profusely for and said he'd replace. The 7 legged T cost us $225! It is now September and we have no replacement (please keep in mind we ordered in April). Also another T was much smaller than described but we simply let that go. If anyone doubts our story we have countless emails dating from before and after the sale that clearly show what he has and hasn't done. We also have emails where he states he has sent us an email that mysteriously NEVER arrived. Our most recent email is only days old at this point. Please note that at this point we can no longer dispute the sale through PayPal because we TRUSTED this guy to fix the situation. We trusted his reviews by RobC, Mina, and others who are so very respected on the boards.

Last edited:

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
positive update

I just got off the phone with Alex080. We spoke for about 30 mins. and have begun to resolve my issue. As soon as I receive a tracking # proving that my order is on its way I will wholeheartedly take back what has been said in this thread. :8o

As far as the others that have voiced their problems. I appreciate your support. There is no way that I can comment on your own issues with Alex. Everything appears to be o.k. at the moment with my personal situation. I should know tomorrow how this will turn out. After talking to him for awhile I do believe that it will all work out and that's what matters. If you are just now reading this thread please refrain from making any negative opinions of him until I can update the outcome of this transaction. :D

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
positive update #2

When I woke up and checked my email I had a fedex tracking number. He even upgraded my shipping to help resolve everything quicker. It definitely seems to me now that I was way off on my opinion of this guy. One lesson I've learned is that I will definitely try and talk to any dealer that I go through on the phone instead of conversing back and forth with emails. I am confident that if I had spoke to Alex a week ago my T's would already be here. I'm so happy that I have to retract what I said about the man. It all boils down to a little miscommunication and him being very busy over the last couple weeks. A tip for anyone wanting to go through Alex is to call him. He prefers it b/c it is easier and I agree. I apologize to friends of Alex who have probably gotten a little peeved at reading this thread. As far as I see it the situation has been resolved.:D

Sorry, for the flaming Alex!!

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agree with Ken

I really think you need to use the reviews when determining who to buy from. Ken is right becuase him and I are very similiar with keeping full time jobs, being married with kids, and trying to run our business. Ken probably has the largest invert stock in the country and I run blaberus.com plus my spiders, and a lot of reptiles as well. I know sometimes I'm not the fastest at returning emails or PM's but usually answer them pretty resonable and almost always answer my phone. I have shipped countless amounts of T's and always try and make every customer happy. I recently had a so-so review because a spider died during transit and it took me a while to get the replacement out. What was not in the story online was me dealing with an ill wife needing surgery, some serious work issues, and tending to 2 deaths in my family. In the end the person got the spider which was always going to happen but we dealers are normal people as well. Use the reviews and give us dealers the benefit of doubt within reason.
Thanks,
James

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, alex080. I have a t. Blondi loan with him. He's been good at everything. He probably just has something going on.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
HEllo All,
SO to the guys waititng for stuff to arrive.
Did everything arrive already?????

regards

francisco

Alex080

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really think you need to use the reviews when determining who to buy from. Ken is right becuase him and I are very similiar with keeping full time jobs, being married with kids, and trying to run our business. Ken probably has the largest invert stock in the country and I run blaberus.com plus my spiders, and a lot of reptiles as well. I know sometimes I'm not the fastest at returning emails or PM's but usually answer them pretty resonable and almost always answer my phone. I have shipped countless amounts of T's and always try and make every customer happy. I recently had a so-so review because a spider died during transit and it took me a while to get the replacement out. What was not in the story online was me dealing with an ill wife needing surgery, some serious work issues, and tending to 2 deaths in my family. In the end the person got the spider which was always going to happen but we dealers are normal people as well. Use the reviews and give us dealers the benefit of doubt within reason.
Thanks,
James
I agree Dealers have lives aside of Tarantulas and Reptiles Or whatever they may sell i mean i have a full time Job and Kids and i work all over the World so sometimes hey i won't lie i don't get to emails asap but i always try and rectify the situation and even that sometimes is still not enough for a customer and i would say Ken and James are THE BEST but i have said enough this isn't a section for reviews in any-case and i am a Phone person not an email guy myself so if a customer has an issue please DO NOT hesitate to ask for a Number it is always available to them and hey sometimes i do take some time to ship out with my job but hey i am only Human and can only do so much

Alex,

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HEllo All,
SO to the guys waititng for stuff to arrive.
Did everything arrive already?????

regards

francisco
In our case, no we haven't received anything. We are hopeful Alex will get it taken care of this week which would put it at FIVE MONTHS for a resolution. We did finally get a list of availabe Ts which is a step in the right direction.

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alex,

Can you get ahold of me please? I've left a couple messages and sent PM.

Thanks,

Brian

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I woke up and checked my email I had a fedex tracking number. He even upgraded my shipping to help resolve everything quicker. It definitely seems to me now that I was way off on my opinion of this guy. One lesson I've learned is that I will definitely try and talk to any dealer that I go through on the phone instead of conversing back and forth with emails. I am confident that if I had spoke to Alex a week ago my T's would already be here. I'm so happy that I have to retract what I said about the man. It all boils down to a little miscommunication and him being very busy over the last couple weeks. A tip for anyone wanting to go through Alex is to call him. He prefers it b/c it is easier and I agree. I apologize to friends of Alex who have probably gotten a little peeved at reading this thread. As far as I see it the situation has been resolved.:D

Sorry, for the flaming Alex!!

HEllo,
Did you get your parcel ? any updates?

francisco

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I did get my T's. There was more confusion involved. I got 3 T's that I ordered. (C. elegans) I had also ordered a penultimate male and mature female A. avic.. I was sent a breeding pair of B. vagans instead. I'm o.k. with that b/c they're gorgeous and probably worth a little more than what I had ordered. When I spoke to Alex he had suggested that they would be easier to breed and offered to switch my order for these. I said no thanks that I would rather breed the A. avics. What can I say I love Avics.. I'm going to call him later today and speak with him about the mix up and this breeding pairs history. When I spoke to him for a very short time(my phone died) two nights ago he said something about the B. vagans being freebies, but considering I don't have the rest of my order that doesn't really make sense. Whatever. Bottom line is I got my T's.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, whatever happened with the OP's problem with Chris at K8's? Seems this thread got a little hijacked, but since it's not my thread, I guess I should mind my business.

Did Chris ever get your order?

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So, whatever happened with the OP's problem with Chris at K8's? Seems this thread got a little hijacked, but since it's not my thread, I guess I should mind my business.

Did Chris ever get your order?
If you look back post #5 he says that he cancelled his order and went with someone else. I've been accused of threadjacking here, but I was just having a similar problem and then people responded to me so I wasn't just going to ignore their replies. I apologize to the OP if he really cares at all. It was unintentional.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Read the review section. I have written my review of this experience that is still unresolved, but I've pretty much given up on this guy.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
let me get the facts straight from the OP

1) you thought you placed an order on the Krazy 8's site... but only paypal recorded anything

2) without getting any confirmation or ANY indication that you actually completed an order you just expected Krazy 8's to know and got upset when they didn't?

i understand you had money taken from your credit card account... but did you ever get evidence that Krazy 8's actually *got* the money?

it sounds like you had a little internet snafu or user error and the first thing K8's knew of the situation was essentially some crazy person demanding spiders that, to Krazy 8's, were not paid for. that sucks, but it really seems like Krazy 8's is as much a victim here as you are and the fault likes in the webstore provider, paypal, the internet, your clicks, or more likely some combo thereof

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
krazys 8

Krazy 8s is closing down, nov 1st will be its last day and he is no longer shipping so the only way to buy from him is at shows he is attending!

Peace

C