Reputable breeder not responding?

mxxtt

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

First off let me say that I'm sorry if this should go in the reviews section. But it seems to me more of a question than a review. I wasn't exactly sure where to put it, but here I am & here goes :}

So, exactly one week ago, September first, I placed an order (my first order from this breeder) with Krazy 8's Invertebrates, one chaco sling and one rose hair sling. I recieved the recipt from paypal in my email, and I have been charged on my credit card statement. However, I recieved no conformation e-mail from Krazy 8's. I waited a few days to see if maybe there was just a little delay, and I still got nothing. Maybe 4 days ago now I used the "Contact Us" form to explain the situation and see if I could verify that they'd recieved my order, and I've still heard nothing. My order history says I've never made an order, and the slings are still in the shopping basket, but I did pay for them...

I guess my question is, what do I do now? Email didn't work, and I have an immense fear of talking to strangers on the phone so I can't call.

Oh jeez, sorry this is getting so long, but I remembered one more thing. When I buy slings I ship them to my dad's house, since I live in a dorm and don't trust the mail assistants to be gentle with packages. So I always tell my dad to look out for packages of slings when they are coming, so he can grab them and bring them to me. So if they just sent without any confirmation... that would be bad for the slings :/

Mr. Gone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,

First off let me say that I'm sorry if this should go in the reviews section. But it seems to me more of a question than a review. I wasn't exactly sure where to put it, but here I am & here goes :}

So, exactly one week ago, September first, I placed an order (my first order from this breeder) with Krazy 8's Invertebrates, one chaco sling and one rose hair sling. I recieved the recipt from paypal in my email, and I have been charged on my credit card statement. However, I recieved no conformation e-mail from Krazy 8's. I waited a few days to see if maybe there was just a little delay, and I still got nothing. Maybe 4 days ago now I used the "Contact Us" form to explain the situation and see if I could verify that they'd recieved my order, and I've still heard nothing. My order history says I've never made an order, and the slings are still in the shopping basket, but I did pay for them...

I guess my question is, what do I do now? Email didn't work, and I have an immense fear of talking to strangers on the phone so I can't call.

Oh jeez, sorry this is getting so long, but I remembered one more thing. When I buy slings I ship them to my dad's house, since I live in a dorm and don't trust the mail assistants to be gentle with packages. So I always tell my dad to look out for packages of slings when they are coming, so he can grab them and bring them to me. So if they just sent without any confirmation... that would be bad for the slings :/
First of all, I completely understand phone anxiety. It makes me nervous whenever I even hear one ring, it's like a bad reflex. This is part of the reason I do not own a cell phone. For years, I couldn't make the simplest of calls because I would freeze up, stutter, mumble, and generally make an idiot of myself. With time however, I have gotten better. But it's been slow. All it takes is practice, (I also find it useful to "pre-script" the conversation, I'm guessing you know all about that) but it's hard to get that practice when it makes you feel that way. I just wanted to say that because I know a lot of people don't get it.
Second, something is definitely up. Maybe it's something legitimate that came up, but a week is a long time and as professionals they should have answered you. (I've never ordered from them) Sure things come up, but they should let you know. They have a responsibility to their customers and I think that is unacceptable.
Lastly, see if your Dad can call for you. If he is as helpful as he sounds, he should understand.(he sounds like he understands you)

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well,at one time I did phone sales and i had to go to school and be trained to talk with people on the phone so I understand what you are saying....but you have a problem if you can't talk to a stranger on the phone I mean,you have to resolve this order. More than likely he(The dealer) is out of town at a show or something like that....they have a good rep! They don't want word getting around that they are not good to deal with soooo maybe relax for another week and see what shakes out. PS: You used your credit card right? You are covered....don't worry you can call your card company and stop payment or get a refund.

Mr. Gone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well,at one time I did phone sales and i had to go to school and be trained to talk with people on the phone so I understand what you are saying....but you have a problem if you can't talk to a stranger on the phone I mean,you have to resolve this order. More than likely he(The dealer) is out of town at a show or something like that....they have a good rep! They don't want word getting around that they are not good to deal with soooo maybe relax for another week and see what shakes out.
If they are so reputable, I would think an explanation as to why the order hasn't been shipped when the money has been accepted is to be expected. If they were planning to be out of town they should have let their customer know about it.

He's supposed to wait ANOTHER week when he has already been charged???
If it were me I would be trying to dispute the charge on the credit card, and I would be posting bad reviews on all of the arachnid community.

Last edited:

mxxtt

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the input guys...
I decided to dispute the payment through paypal (they'll cancel it, I'm hoping) and go with another seller, <edit>, as I have already had a good experience with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Gone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the input guys...
I decided to dispute the payment through paypal (they'll cancel it, I'm hoping) and go with another seller, <edit>, as I have already had a good experience with them.
I hope everything goes well. When buying on the internet, if it seems like something is up, don't risk it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've dealt with Chris at Krazy8's many times. He's a stand-up guy! Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time. I know he's been busy working at the NARBC reptile show this past weekend so depending on when you contacted him, he could have been busy.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now I'm the opposite.. .. Though I HATE it when my phone rings... when I'm dealing busness I want to talk to people on the phone. Oh I'll try email first but for the last dealings I generaly like to be able to talk to someone...

sometimes email fails. In fact if there is a glitch in their system it's possible that the order did not properly process AND they did not get the email. No fault of thiers.

also when you send money via paypal it just goes. There isn't someone on the other end "accepting" it... once you send it's sent. period. So it's possible if he is at a show that he may not even KNOW he had an order and paypal payment... because he may not have had time to look at his statements (paypal sends emails as well).

Just trying to look at it from the dealers POV.

- Sharon

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm actually dealing with a similar situation right now. I ordered from a fairly reputable online dealer this last Friday. In the extra information section on the website I informed the dealer that I was wanting to begin my first breeding project and asked if he could help by sending a male and female that would be fairly close to breeding capability. I didn't hear back until I threatened to cancel my order b/c I hadn't heard from them except for automated responses. Which is completely understandable if they were out of town. I got a response that said " shipping out Monday". O.K., Monday was a holiday and there was no mail being shipped that day. I sent another e-mail yesterday saying, " hey let me know what's up with my request about a possible breeding pair?". I still haven't heard back and apparently my shipment should already be here tomorrow if he could have shipped Monday, which he couldn't.

I'm very anxious and scared that I won't ever see my package now. I of course will leave a scathing review if this is unresolved by the end of this week. The dealers I have dealt with so far are excellent on the communication level along with every other aspect of the business. :mad:

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've bought from Chris too. He really is responsible and this is so unlike him. Gee, I hope he is OK.

Tarantulanursery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
input

I am sure Chris was busy at the reptile show this weekend. He takes business calls during the week, and is very dependable.

Manny

Zebo777

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
try getting someone else to call maybe there is a problem with email

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I`ve dealt with Chris before and he is a good guy and usually busy.Try calling and leave a message.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All,

Chris is one of the best T dealers this hobby has.

He recently work at the Reptile show and he also has a day job, so it might be still hard for him to adjust to his new schedule daytime job and T bussines.
Just give him a call.

regards

francisco

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
chris

I am sure he is just busy or something. He is a good dealer and should be responding soon. I would not worry.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
communication

I'm actually dealing with a similar situation right now. I ordered from a fairly reputable online dealer this last Friday. In the extra information section on the website I informed the dealer that I was wanting to begin my first breeding project and asked if he could help by sending a male and female that would be fairly close to breeding capability. I didn't hear back until I threatened to cancel my order b/c I hadn't heard from them except for automated responses. Which is completely understandable if they were out of town. I got a response that said " shipping out Monday". O.K., Monday was a holiday and there was no mail being shipped that day. I sent another e-mail yesterday saying, " hey let me know what's up with my request about a possible breeding pair?". I still haven't heard back and apparently my shipment should already be here tomorrow if he could have shipped Monday, which he couldn't.

I'm very anxious and scared that I won't ever see my package now. I of course will leave a scathing review if this is unresolved by the end of this week. The dealers I have dealt with so far are excellent on the communication level along with every other aspect of the business. :mad:
I hope this turned out fine. I also want to point out that dealers are regular people too trying to do many things by themself sometimes. I know I get a ton of email and sometimes I scan emails or can't even get to them for a couple of days. We try to answer as best we can but its not easy answering every question perfectly and in a "timely" manner. Remember we answer emails for our business most days of the week...how many people here work 7 days? Please go light if you don't recieve the perfect responce.....now I just hope that was not me ;)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I hope this turned out fine. I also want to point out that dealers are regular people too trying to do many things by themself sometimes. I know I get a ton of email and sometimes I scan emails or can't even get to them for a couple of days. We try to answer as best we can but its not easy answering every question perfectly and in a "timely" manner. Remember we answer emails for our business most days of the week...how many people here work 7 days? Please go light if you don't recieve the perfect responce.....now I just hope that was not me ;)
No, it wasn't you Ken. When I sent the guy another e-mail later I even said in it " Hey, I take its been a hectic weekend...". He did respond and said yes he had had many things going on over the holiday weekend and that he would ship a penultimate male and mature female to me. He said he was shipping out on my birthday which was 9/9/09(Wed.). So, I expect to have them arrive on Monday. If not then I will try and contact him again. As long as I receive what I ordered for my $120 I will be happy and leave a positive review for the guy. I'm not going to hold life throwing things at him against him in any way.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's Monday and the mail has already come. No package. Honestly, I'm not surprised at this point just mad as hell. I e-mailed him for a tracking # and will see if I hear from him at all. My order was placed on 9/2. So its now been 12 days and no package yet.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
excessive

It's Monday and the mail has already come. No package. Honestly, I'm not surprised at this point just mad as hell. I e-mailed him for a tracking # and will see if I hear from him at all. My order was placed on 9/2. So its now been 12 days and no package yet.
That is excessive....hope it works out for you!

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well it depends. Ive ordered from him twice, and everything was phenomenal, but I think he might have used USPS. If he did use USPS, then its probably them, since they aren't quite what I would call efficient.