Repurpose these for a "Cork" Round?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As many of us here do we are always looking at containers etc to see "how can I use that for my T..."

So that brings me to on observation when I was in a store recently.

I saw plastic hair curlers of various size diameters and even holes punched out in them that I thought could be repurposed as hides instead of cork rounds for small arboreals. One could hot glue moss and/or cocofiber to cover up the outrageous colors.

I suggest these because I'm picky about buying things sight unseen, and cork esp cork tubes is one of them as you never know exactly how good it will be.

Has ANYONE tried these? I've used PVC before and works fine, just though these might be good for small juvi's, like 2"-3" DLS

Thoughts?

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I bet it would work in terms of functionality, but I would stick with the cork rounds because it looks more natural.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I frequently use the felted coco fibre marketed for hermit crabs. Cut to desired size, hot glue edges into cylinder, place in enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I frequently use the felted coco fibre marketed for hermit crabs. Cut to desired size, hot glue edges into cylinder, place in enclosure.

That's what I was thinking. I used some for a PVC hide, no issues. Though the fiber I have is rolled up when it's sold, the curvature is too great to be used in some cases for the PVC. Might be good for curlers

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bet it would work in terms of functionality, but I would stick with the cork rounds because it looks more natural.
I agree, but I don't have any supply of cork tubes near me that I can expect myself. My only source is the net, and LPS charge way too much.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's what I was thinking. I used some for a PVC hide, no issues. Though the fiber I have is rolled up when it's sold, the curvature is too great to be used in some cases for the PVC. Might be good for curlers
I don't put it on anything. Lay it flat, weight it down for a day or so and most of the curl is gone. Just shape hiw you want, glue it to itself to make a felted coconut coir tube.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't put it on anything. Lay it flat, weight it down for a day or so and most of the curl is gone. Just shape hiw you want, glue it to itself to make a felted coconut coir tube.
I'll give it a try. I didn't think it would unbend as it's over 10 years old, still sealed in the bag, worth a try!