Repticon Scorpion Selection.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
I'm tired of paying the rediculous shipping costs for scorpions. My local exotic Petstores only carry P.Imperators and random asf species. Does anyone know if Repticon Atlanta would have a wider selection of scorpions? i don't wanna make the drive to find out all they have is P.Imperators.
Thanks.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I'm tired of paying the rediculous shipping costs for scorpions.
What do you consider to be ridiculous?

Does anyone know if Repticon Atlanta would have a wider selection of scorpions? i don't wanna make the drive to find out all they have is P.Imperators.
Thanks.
Reptile expos can be a hit or a miss. The ones here have lots of Heterometrus, Hadrurus, Pandius, Centruroides and vaejovids. Sometimes you see other species and some more uncommon buthids but online always has the best prices and selection. What species are you looking for exactly? Keep in mind, the cost of gasoline, the time and effort, the ticket cost and the inflated prices may equate to more than shipping.

AP34

Arachnosquire
I saw a nice H. spinifer at one recently as well as a few Hadrurus sp. "pallidus".

bulbophyllum

Arachnosquire
Repticon ATL sometimes has quite a few tarantulas and scorpions last one there was very few. But, its always fun to walk around and look.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
What do you consider to be ridiculous?

Reptile expos can be a hit or a miss. The ones here have lots of Heterometrus, Hadrurus, Pandius, Centruroides and vaejovids. Sometimes you see other species and some more uncommon buthids but online always has the best prices and selection. What species are you looking for exactly? Keep in mind, the cost of gasoline, the time and effort, the ticket cost and the inflated prices may equate to more than shipping.
Repticon ATL sometimes has quite a few tarantulas and scorpions last one there was very few. But, its always fun to walk around and look.
How inflated are the prices? My closest exotic pet shop charges 100$ for adult P.Imperators. Can't be much worse than that right?

NYAN

Arachnoking
How inflated are the prices? My closest exotic pet shop charges 100$ for adult P.Imperators.
That’s way overpriced. Expo prices can be $5-10 above market value or much more. It really depends.

Again though, what species are you looking for?

Alex99

Arachnosquire
That’s way overpriced.
It's almost the same price when you consider most online shops charge 40$ for shipping. But it's besides the point, I'm just wondering if the prices at the expos are high

NYAN

Arachnoking
I'm just wondering if the prices at the expos are high
This depends on what you’re looking for. Common species will be the same prices generally. It also depends on the vendors. Invertebrate vendors will have more market value prices in many cases.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
That’s way overpriced. Expo prices can be $5-10 above market value or much more. It really depends.

Again though, what species are you looking for?
I was looking to get into
Hottentotta Sp. but Hadrurus also interest me. I'm looking to get into a desert species

bulbophyllum

Arachnosquire
The prices at expos vary greatly. Some sellers are just high. If you look around you can find prices the same as online vendors minus the shipping.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I was looking to get into
Hottentotta Sp. but Hadrurus also interest me. I'm looking to get into a desert species
Those are going to be uncommon at an expo. I bought a franzwerneri for $45 at one, which is overpriced by around $15-$20 but I would need to pay shipping to get it otherwise. Hadrurus might be $30ish.

My advice is to check the vendor list and perhaps contact them to ask what they may have.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My closest exotic pet shop charges 100$ for adult P.Imperators.
That's beyond ridiculous and overpriced. P imperators are like $20-$40 at most local expos.

Hottentotta Sp. but Hadrurus also interest me.
Those are somewhat uncommon here in our local expos over here (at least for me). Luckily I'm started to see more of them (but not a lot). But what i'm more proud to see are more Leiurus quinquestriatus and Parabuthus transvaalicus over here. I don't know how common they are now, but I love seeing them. I've seen quite a number of them compared to last couple years. I'll probably go back to collecting more scorps in the future. But my goodness, its been a while in the scorp hobby for me :rolleyes:.

NYAN

Arachnoking
But what i'm more proud to see are more Leiurus quinquestriatus and Parabuthus transvaalicus over here.
A lot of people recently are breeding P. transvaalicus it seems. As for the Leiurus and even Androctonus, Egypt and other North African countries exported a bunch recently.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
A lot of people recently are breeding P. transvaalicus it seems. As for the Leiurus and even Androctonus, Egypt and other North African countries exported a bunch recently.
Good to see P. trans CB specimens. I'm a little fond of WC, but Leiurus quinquestriatus is cool for a collection still. While I love the Leiurus, they are quite troublesome to feed.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Why do you say that? Mine eat like champs.
In past experience, my friend had 3 Leiurus quinquestriatus. And I gotta say, 2 of the 3 were more of a shy eater. Only 1 of them ate very well whenever I fed them. So maybe his were broken? Who knows? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NYAN

Arachnoking
In past experience, my friend had 3 Leiurus quinquestriatus. And I gotta say, 2 of the 3 were more of a shy eater. Only 1 of them ate very well whenever I fed them. So maybe his were broken? Who knows? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Maybe they were kept too cold?