Removing duct tape from an enclosure

xXsambondXx

Arachnopeon
Hi,

So I recently rehoused my suntiger about a week ago, today I dropped a locust in and the spider killed it but didn't eat it, instead patrolling a bit and then going back to its burrow. I'd recently misted the tank so was paranoid about mold/mites etc. so I wanted to remove it, problem is the spider killed it in a really awkward place that I couldn't reach with my forceps, so I decided to do a not so genius move and put duct tape on the forceps to give a movable sticky pad, and it worked! I got the locust and was pulling the forceps out when the tape fell off one side of the forceps and stuck to the inside of the enclosure... So now I can't get it out without sticking my hand in a jar with a very angry suntiger... And suggestions on how I could loosen off the tape to remove it? I know it was a dumb thing to do, hindsight's a wonderful thing, but i'm worried if I leave it in there the spider might get caught up in it and create an even bigger problem :(

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
And suggestions on how I could loosen off the tape to remove it? I know it was a dumb thing to do, hindsight's a wonderful thing, but i'm worried if I leave it in there the spider might get caught up in it and create an even bigger problem :(
I would remove the spider (put it in a deli cup) while you work.

xXsambondXx

Arachnopeon
Update:
I got the tape out by using more tape putting it so the sticky side was on the inside of the forceps I stuck the tape to the forceps and wrapped it round and the glue was more adhesive to the glue on the other piece of tape than the inside of the enclosure, success! Now i'm never using tape again...

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Update:
I got the tape out by using more tape putting it so the sticky side was on the inside of the forceps I stuck the tape to the forceps and wrapped it round and the glue was more adhesive to the glue on the other piece of tape than the inside of the enclosure, success! Now i'm never using tape again...
Good idea and a nice save from having to put your hand in lmao.