rehousing pink toe during possible premolt?

cold blood

Staff member
I'd add another piece of wood...and cut the amount of substrate in half.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Now next question...when is the earliest I can put her in there? last night I used silicone and gorilla glue. today I used eco earth coco fiber and Schultz peat moss.
Once everything is dry and there isn't an overpowering smell of potent chemicals/glue. ;)

Monkey116

Arachnopeon
I'd add another piece of wood...and cut the amount of substrate in half.
@cold blood The substrate is what is holding my plants in place ...there pretty firm in there! otherwise I can definitely add another log..what would you think a small short one? or another tall one and on what wall? Lol

Monkey116

Arachnopeon
Once everything is dry and there isn't an overpowering smell of potent chemicals/glue. ;)
I can't smell any fumes...both soils was also bought dry.. lol
Or should I just wait a couple days just to be sure?
Just kinda excited to see what she does in her new home!

cold blood

Staff member
@cold blood The substrate is what is holding my plants in place ...there pretty firm in there! otherwise I can definitely add another log..what would you think a small short one? or another tall one and on what wall? Lol
I'd lean another similar piece.

cold blood

Staff member
Here we go...I took the smaller wood out and put a bigger one in.
What you think about this?
Haha, I wasn't suggesting different wood...just a second piece...lean the other piece in there as well....more cover is better.

Monkey116

Arachnopeon
Haha, I wasn't suggesting different wood...just a second piece...lean the other piece in there as well....more cover is better.
@cold blood haha I tried!! both of the pieces don't fit together! That's why I just put the bigger/wider piece in! Otherwise I have to saw it down...my hand hurts from all the drilling and sawing already! Lol

when do you think I put her in the new cage?

cold blood

Staff member
@cold blood haha I tried!! both of the pieces don't fit together! That's why I just put the bigger/wider piece in! Otherwise I have to saw it down...my hand hurts from all the drilling and sawing already! Lol

when do you think I put her in the new cage?
I've never had to do that much work...sawing...lol...this is t keeping, not woodworking.

I do not know how that other piece wouldn't fit (scratches head)...I see plenty of room....don't put it absolutely vertical, just lean it, if you need to, press it into the sub.

Regardless, it looks nice...it was just a suggestion, nothing mandatory...lol.

Monkey116

Arachnopeon
I've never had to do that much work...sawing...lol...this is t keeping, not woodworking.

I do not know how that other piece wouldn't fit (scratches head)...I see plenty of room....don't put it absolutely vertical, just lean it, if you need to, press it into the sub.

Regardless, it looks nice...it was just a suggestion, nothing mandatory...lol.
I dug that first one down into sub, but it's got a angle on the bottom (and a hole for her to climb it that's why I dug that part down). if angle weren't there it would've worked.

I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I get started on a project...lol my drill is a heavy Lil sucker!! & I just got a large piece of cork bark, they didn't have anything smaller...and sawed it down for size... lol I have a hand hack saw...so a lot of movement!!!! haha
Here's a better pic of house.

Attachments

Monkey116

Arachnopeon
Lol, I usually just get the materials and throw them in the enclosure in a way that fits. I'm bad at decorating/detailing things like that.
Lol I love having a project! hence why I'm doing Pinkie's new house and not my soon to be hubby! haha I enjoy it for a hobby not a job! plus me doing her house...I can kinda stop being afraid of her...lol
Next question, how do I put her in there? lol
We haven't handled her yet, she's still small and we're scared of hurting her (we'll he is, I'm unsure of her walking on me yet!)
But I do like her! just afraid...lol

Attachments

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Lol I love having a project! hence why I'm doing Pinkie's new house and not my soon to be hubby! haha I enjoy it for a hobby not a job! plus me doing her house...I can kinda stop being afraid of her...lol
Next question, how do I put her in there? lol
We haven't handled her yet, she's still small and we're scared of hurting her (we'll he is, I'm unsure of her walking on me yet!)
But I do like her! just afraid...lol
Either gently nudge her in with a straw or brush or something long, or you can put her old enclosure into the new one and wait for her to come out by herself.