Rehousing Pandinus Imperator?

Emperor Scorpion

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of rehousing my 5 inch emperor scorpion into a 18 by 18 by 12 exo terra tank. Shes already cozy in her current tank and has burrowed and all but i want to give her a proper size tank since she lives in a 16 by 10 by 5.5 exo terra breeding box. Shes very active, and want her to have more room and be able to stretch her tail out.

If I rehouse her will it be bad for her I dont know if she will be stressed out or sad and not want to make another burrow. Or will it work if i try to replicate what i had before and dig a little hole for her to start out again.

Wanting to do this so I can breed my dubias in that tank. Should I post pics of her enclosure? Will it stress her out and should i wait till a month has passed by to see if she will molt into a bigger size i was told by my reptile store that she should be molting again from 4 to 9 weeks when i bought her but some on here said shes an adult but the store said shes a subadult. Shes like 6 inched including her tail but 5 when she curles up. If she does molt it should be nest week or 5 more weeks. I guess im a very new scorpion keeper. Another thing if shes a female her organs should be smaller right and not longer?

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
You should be fine transferring her into a new enclosure. Stress would not be too much of an issue and I would not handle her for a while after you move her (if you even handle at all). Let her get settled in. You can provide her with a starter burrow.

However, I would really consider how to keep in humidity in the exo terra. Those tend to be poor at keeping humidity in. I usually cut a piece of acrylic and drill some holes in it then place it on top of the original screen top.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You shouldn't handle it at all.

To keep in humidity on those, wrap half the lid in saran wrap.

Emperor Scorpion

Arachnopeon
Most of its covered in duc tape. Also quick question how do i know if she is going to go into a molt or is just full i gave her a pinkie mice and 2 dubias last week. Im not sure how often to feed her just know that she will at leadt eat once a week 3 different preys

Attachments