1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rehousing hot, fast old world arboreals a fairly easy way

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Screamingreenmachine, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    Of course. But that is assuming the spider sits still long enough to get a cup over it. The 'method' above simply provides a way to put a 'cup' over everything, so that the spider has very limited options of running around and getting worked up.

2. MantisRCool

MantisRCool Arachnopeon

Yes I use that too, imho the best way!!

3. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Lol honestly I expected you to scoop it up with your hand:hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

I'm almost positive I could and not receive a bite. They're that laid back.

But I'll leave that for others to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron

Great setup for a T that'll let you guide it, I like that there's pretty much no risk its on lock.

6. Screamingreenmachine

Screamingreenmachine Arachnosquire

Florida
    The taped piece plastic bag sounds like a great idea! Seems quick and easy and probably perfect for just about anything. The idea of possibly chasing anything with some potency around the house is what made me want to go this way. Where I live, a free roaming T is a definite no-no, so might as well take away any chance of this happening.

Maybe just cover the enclosure opening with the cardboard and have something long enough and flexible that you can work down into the tube and just try to bother the T out? I haven't had the opportunity to try with a front opening enclosure yet but would love to give it a shot one day to figure out whatever works

That was the idea of it! Basically remove all options for the T and give it one "safe zone" for it to shoot into. Easy peasy!

Awesome! I agree! It seems to work so well

Definitely! Any stubborn ones that don't want to be "pushed" around are usually easy enough to deal with in my experience. The cardboard cover is perfect for me when dealing with flighty, fast ones

7. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron Active Member

I think I'm going to put a similar system together to shift my tripepii female. I seem to have a real sensitivity to her hairs, and she's not afraid to kick. This way she in the hairs are on one side of the cardboard and I'm on the other. I can get into that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Screamingreenmachine

Screamingreenmachine Arachnosquire

Florida
    Sounds like me with my Geniculata! Just looking at him causes me to itch... Hope this works well for you! I'm about to use it again today for my P. Muticus. Will see how well this works for a burrowing species.