Rehouse or renovate

TRection

Arachnoknight
I made a discovery a week or 2 back that my T's enclosure wasn't getting proper ventilation. (The tank is a 5 gallon glass reptile tank that i added a ventilated acrylic lid too) I noticed that there wasn't much airflow going into the tank and every time i opened the lid i could smell the stagnant air. I had to wait till after she molted to do anything about it though, so now that she has molted i went out yesterday and bought all the things i needed to renovate her tank and add large plastic vents to both sides for better air flow. Being that it was the first time i have ever use a diamond hole saw to drill glass i thought it would be best to test things out on my 10 Gallon tank (which i would be moving my T into once she was big enough). Everything went great, i drilled the holes, added the vents and sealed them, fixed the lid, etc, etc,. Now i have a problem.

The new tank looks GREAT, and rather than having to move my T into a container for the day, empty and clean her tank, then go through the process of drilling/fitting vents all over again and then wait for everything to dry. would it be ok to just rehouse her permanently into the 10 gallon? She is a 4" A.Geniculate and she seems to be growing really fast, her first molt with me happened only 2 molts after her last molt and she gained almost a whole inch this time. I know a 10 gallon is probably overkill for a 4" T but is it still possible? i know alot of people say "if its too big they have a hard time finding food" and what not. But since i feed her super worms whos head i crush and drop right infront of her, i dont think that will be much of an issue. I will go through the steps and renovate her tank if i need too, just thought i would ask in case i can save myself the trouble :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That would work fine. You will have to switch out the hide for a larger one as she grows. You will use a lot of sub filling it up for a 4" spider too..
It's really up to you.

TRection

Arachnoknight
That would work fine. You will have to switch out the hide for a larger one as she grows. You will use a lot of sub filling it up for a 4" spider too..
It's really up to you.
Ok cool, i drilled the vents 7 inches up the tank (the tank is 12" tall) 5" from lid to sub should be perfectly fine for a 4" T right?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Agreed, you don't want there to be a lot of space for a potential fall. A. genics have incredible feeding responses as I'm sure you've witnessed already. I'm sure they won't have any problem finding prey.

TRection

Arachnoknight
All done! little bugger actually kicked hairs at the brush for once :p, but other than that she went right under the log where i had hoped she would go.
Here are some pics of the new setup.

20170724_170510.jpg 20170724_170603.jpg 20170724_170525.jpg 20170724_170552.jpg