1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rehoming transport and a burrowed T

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Jokesonmeow, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Jokesonmeow

Jokesonmeow Arachnopeon

FL
    Advertisement
    Hello friends. I have to thin out my collection and have someone local that wants to take them off my hands. Is it safe to transport them in the car in their current enclosures? I have an A. avic adult and sling/juvenile (when does the change take place?) B. boehmei, B. Vagans and a GBB.
    My A. chalcodes has been burrowed since September. Should I dig her out for the car ride, leave her, or wait until she comes out to even try rehoming?

I’m pretty embarrassed to even be asking this question. Just trying to do right by everyone. Thank you!

2. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoangel Active Member

USA
    i have brought home many a craigslist find in its enclosure Never had an issue. Just no race car-ing on the way. LOL and if there is anything unstable that might fall or tip remove or secure it first.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnobaron Active Member

Iowa
    Definitely this. Also may want to empty any water dishes/remove them completely.

• Like Like x 2
  4. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnosquire Active Member

MÉXICO
    They should be fine in their enclosures, as long as the ride is not too long and you dont drive like mad max.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Old Timer

This question comes up so often... I have traveled across states on 20+ hour drives with Ts in their enclosures.

Are you able to see the chalcodes at all though? I would want to verify her status before handing her off to someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jokesonmeow

Jokesonmeow Arachnopeon

FL
    Yes. I can see the A. chalcodes. She hasn’t molted since she has been in there and her abdomen looks healthy.

8. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    It'll be sound.

• Agree Agree x 1