Regina finally molted! HUGE growth spurt!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Very impressive fangs. That pic is not great, too angled. But still looks female to me
Not sure if others have noticed this, but Grammostola species seem to have very large chelicerae and fangs, compared to say,
Brachypelma species. Anyone else has noticed this and has theories on the 'why'?

@Moakmeister
Lady's looking good!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Not sure if others have noticed this, but Grammostola species seem to have very large chelicerae and fangs, compared to say,
Brachypelma species. Anyone else has noticed this and has theories on the 'why'?

@Moakmeister
Lady's looking good!
Yeah I think Grammostola actually has THE biggest fangs of any tarantula genus relative to their body size. Theraphosa's fangs are actually pretty moderately scaled. Brachys have flat carapaces whereas Grammostola, and Aphonopelma now that I think about it, have a carapace that humps over their chelicerae. It looks awesome.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
"Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!"