Regalis or Ornata

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya all, I was suposed to buy an Ornata, but with the little sondage that someone did, wich was : Whats the best pokie

almost nobady mentioned Ornata, but Regalis, this changed my mind to buy Regalis, and i've to do a choice in the next 2-3 days, I would like to know , with personal experience, wich one you would prefer and why the regalis is soo better then the ornata ? the ornata venom is said to be more toxic but except that ?

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If they were both the same price I'd get the ornata. I ended up with a bunch of regalis because by buying 5 I have a better chance of getting a female.

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personally, I would choose regalis just becaues I think they look a bit better, but of course it's a matter of opinion there and I happen to like simple black and white coloration rather than what the ornata has, although they do have one of the most interesting undersides I've ever seen > http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/ornata7.jpg

I've read also that the ornata is one of the larger pokies, so it'll probably get bigger than a regalis. I like em both but if I had to choose it would be the regalis.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I'd choose regalis (I've got one).

It is calmer and more beautiful spider than ornata, but this is my opinion.

But having both of them isn't bad way.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I prefer P. ornata and would probably take that over a regalis. They get quite large and interestingly patterned. I won't talk docility with Pokies period, some seem to not mind so much but I prefer to not handle mine at all.

dOOb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ornata vs regalis

funny, i've been wresting with this exact same choice of T's for about a month now. ornata or regalis... i've looked at SOooOOoo many pics of them both, and read TONS... pretty sure i'm going with the P ornata.

either way, they are both awesome! you'll be happy no matter which one you get! :)

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well my choice is Regalis ;) cant wait till I received him/her

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I had the same dilemma when I went ot get my first pokie. I went the ornata. I love the coloring more and I love active T's {D :D

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
the regalis is a better starter pokie, they are not as nervous as the ornata and have great looks as well, ornata is a great pokie no doubt about it, its your decision whatever you think you are comfortable with, my first pokie was a ornata and i really enjoy it but i also have 2 P regalis and a few other pokies i really enjoy them all but when it comes down to it; it is your choice.

Last edited:

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Whe you go and get an ornata or any first pokie get a sling. IT helps to bring it up, cause then your used to the speed of it. Getting a full grown pokie is almost asking to get in some trouble lol. The P.oranat is extremely fast and very skittish. Mine hasn't shown me any aggression. It is a 2.5" sling though sooo.. ;) :?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yep she will be like 1 inch, i've a murinus, maculata, regalis pretty small soo I can deal with 'em

they are my first agressives T , im also getting a P. cambridgei and N. chromatus in same time, the chromatus is said to be pretty agressive too, from time to time

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i've read a couple of post with the searsh engine that show lots of agression ... they looks very much like geniculata, except the agressivity side, because many ppl observed that she get a treat posture just by opening the lid, and not only one person ... I guess its like that Rosy, they are freak in the head by moment