Regal Jumping Spider not eating

Kassiann98

Arachnopeon
Hello.. I was gifted (what seems to be a young) jumping spider at the beginning of January. When she was first brought home, she ate a cricket that she was given by the store. This had to be around January 2nd or 3rd. Since then, she has refused all food. She runs away from crickets that are right in front of her, or gets scared off if she gets too close. With a meal worm, she ran away and when we put it closer to her, she attacked it, then ran away. I am new to spider care and dont know if I am doing something wrong. I cant post the videos of how she treated the crickets but, she opens her arms like she is defensive. She will get close to it but the moment its antennas touch her she runs away. Please help!!

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9083.jpg

IMG_9208.png

IMG_9210.png

Kassiann98

Arachnopeon
We tried small meal worms, but not smaller crickets yet. This is the size she was eating previously so we assumed the size was okay..

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I don't know if you've ever tried holding on to crickets but their legs are incredibly strong. They could actually hurt your spider, I have read of one case where the female perforated the spider with her ovipositor (if that's the right terminology)

I don't know spiders, only a little about tarantulas, but I wouldn't expect any of mine to take down prey larger than them, and it would be too much food anyway.

If you do give mealworms, make sure you crush the head. They can curl back and defend themselves.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Regius stay small and are no good eaters when they are kept to cold. You should keep them over 26 degrees, better 28 on the top. Celsius of course...

Kassiann98

Arachnopeon
How do you best keep them warm? There is no way I can keep my apartment that hot all the time :/

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I use led lights on top of the enclosure, so the spider can go there when it wants. They don't get too hot. 3W...
PXL_20240118_194217157.jpg

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
She's insanely fat. Probably not hungry. Almost looks gravid.
I wouldn't worry at all.