Red Runners at Repticon?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I'm going to repticon this weekend to look for a male D. medius as well as some cockroach and mantis species, but I was also wondering if they'd possibly have any Red runner roaches there too, since all I saw last year were dubias, crickets, mealworms, superworms, and butterworms.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'm going to repticon this weekend to look for a male D. medius as well as some cockroach and mantis species, but I was also wondering if they'd possibly have any Red runner roaches there too, since all I saw last year were dubias, crickets, mealworms, superworms, and butterworms.
It's possible to find some, but mostly never around for sale. Some vendors I know don't sell them (even though they have colonies) because they don't want to be liable if some escape during the event or because they don't want to sell to irresponsible buyers who might let some escape. Most vendors I know don't sell them because crickets and dubias are cheaper and less "invasive" to your homes. Not to mention they're more abundant and easier to come across than red runners/lats. You'll probably have a better chance buying some here on the boards than at a event/show. But it never hurts to try.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I got mine online from Jamie's Tarantulas 5 years ago -- have a huge colony now started from just 3 leftover pinheads I had purchased for a sling I had.
You could also check our boards for a possible seller.
(I don't ship B lats (sorry) just too much aggravation).

I've been to my share of Repticons and never seen roaches for sale there. But my experience may not be yours -- could depend on where you live. I imagine the further south you go, the less likely you are to find them there. Maryland may be north enough (w/ cold enough winters) that someone might have them or be willing to ship you some later.

Good luck -- B lats are my absolute favourite feeder and my Ts adore them (so does my bearded dragon!)

Hope you have a great time at Repticon!!! :)

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Repticon gives Premium Crickets and Feeder Source molopolies on feeder insects at shows. Feeder roaches cannot be sold by any other vendor, and these two vendors have never brought red runners to any show I have been at.