Red Runner on the loose

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
So 4 days ago I thought. Hey I got these red runners here that my A seemanni loves. Bet my A avicularia would like one. Well he would like one if he could catch it. I can’t even catch it. Darn thing goes in little holes in the cork bark. It knows I won’t tear the spider’s bark apart to get it, I just know it does. I think this little Turkestan Roach is gonna be a permanent resident until he dies of old age or gets sloppy one day. =)

Secretly I think the roach is plotting to take over the world. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I feel bad for my Avic though. He tried 4 times to get it then settled for a cricket. Had to be embarrassing, because the A seemanni enclosure is next to his. It has no problem catching red runners.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It'll get sloppy eventually, I lost a mealworm in my A. minatrix enclosure and decided to leave it as the spider had recently hardened from a moult and needed fattening so I didn't really consider it a threat, suffice to say I found it eating the lost mealworm the next morning.

Sinned

Arachnosquire
Had a runner in my GBB enclosure for like 2 weeks. She seemed to like the place at first, but still one day...

Suicide by spider, she got up one evening, left her little hiddy spot and wandered in to a web tunnel. Never seen her again.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Probably because they are so damn fast that the spider thinks "Do I like these things..whoa, nevermind, it's gonna get away! Chomp!"

Tarantulas are often the "eat first, ask questions later" types.

My adult leopard gecko literally turns his nose up at red runners, though. My juvenile eats them enthuiastically. Of course, that one is a bottomless pit. My H.petersii scorpions take them readily as well.