Red legs millipedes

Luis138

Arachnopeon
I am looking for these millipedes. Don't know the scientific or common name. If anybody know it please let me know. They are thick, black really shinny and bright red legs. If you have them for sale, I want a couple of pairs. Thank you.

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it a Tanzanian Red Leg Millipede? Species name is Ephibolus pulchripes.
I will see if I can find you a pic...

Added:
Ok, I cannot for the life of me find any pics of this millipede. But it is super shiny black with hot pink legs. I looked yesterday but had no luck. I will try again when I get a sec.

Last edited:

Luis138

Arachnopeon
Thank You!!!!

Thank you so much. I googled it and that is exactly the specie I am looking for. You are my hero. {D :clap: :worship:

Do you know who has them for sale?

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Is it a Tanzanian Red Leg Millipede? Species name is Ephibolus pulchripes.
I will see if I can find you a pic...

Added:
Ok, I cannot for the life of me find any pics of this millipede. But it is super shiny black with hot pink legs. I looked yesterday but had no luck. I will try again when I get a sec.
The spelling is Epibolus, Ephibolus is a mispelling in a few pop picture books. I haven't seen ayone offering them in two years.

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for the misspelling, I'm no expert and I like pop picture books. The other ones, you know the ones with all the big words, those just give me headache. Common plebe that I am.

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found a dealer in the UK. They may/may not be able to ship to you. I am not clear on the importation laws governing species and such.
I know earlier in the summer I was looking and almost got a few. They come and go on the sites, maybe related to breeding? Anyway, I am keeping an eye for you.
Its the 3rd one from the bottom.

http://www.bugsdirectuk.com/beetles.html

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
HEY! I got mine from Roachman :worship: The last show he didn't have any left, but who knows, maybe he has some hidden away, maybe he can get more, maybe he has something you would like just as well, he has GREAT STUFF! He's a certified arachnodealer, under Roaches of the World. Send him an email, here's his website....

http://www.angelfire.com/wy/roaches/

If he does have those, tell him to save a pair for Iggymama!!!