Red fluid from tarantula?

S2rodger

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
Recieved my first tarantula today a juvenile vagans, on taking it from the container i seen a small stain which looked like blood on the napkin, it was red so i know it couldnt have been the tarantula is there any red fluids a tarantula produces as i want to make sure the t is okay and I sure hope its not human blood lol

Many thanks

S2rodger

Arachnopeon
Sadly not i flushed the napkin once i rehoused the tarantula, it was a really small red spot with yellowing around it, just seemed too small to be a drop of human blood so thought it could be from the t

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
It could be venom. The amount would make sense given the size of the T. Sometimes I have animals who like to "leave the faucet on" for a little too long.

S2rodger

Arachnopeon
It did cross my mind but i didnt think the venom could be red in color

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Tarantula hemolymph or "blood" is not red so you can rule that out completely.

Pretty sure the venom they produce is clear in color as well, it was most likely something else.

Just brainstorming here, but perhaps the guy who packed it got tagged and some blood dripped on the napkin...seems like the most plausible scenario. If you want answers, contact your vendor.

We can only speculate.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Tarantula hemolymph or "blood" is not red so you can rule that out completely.

Pretty sure the venom they produce is clear in color as well, it was most likely something else.

Just brainstorming here, but perhaps the guy who packed it got tagged and some blood dripped on the napkin...seems like the most plausible scenario. If you want answers, contact your vendor.

We can only speculate.
Most likely this , keep an eye on the spider it’s probably fine.