recommendation for active millipedes?

rachmills

Arachnosquire
hey there im looking to expand my milli collection and was wondering what species other than ivory are quite surface active i love watching them do their thing

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Adult Spirostreptus sp. #1 are pretty surface active. The pedelings less so.
Adult flamelegs, in my experience, are the same way.

rachmills

Arachnosquire
thank you for the reply im gonna look into finding them i live in uk so its a lil difficult to find breeders but not impossible

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Spirostreptus sp. "1" and Orthoporus sp. are pretty surface active from what I've seen. Anadenobolus monilicornis can be pretty active too.

@Aquarimax, do you still have Flamelegs?

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

rachmills

Arachnosquire
hi arthroverts i like the look of the Orthoporus sp do you know their common name at all?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@rachmills, there are many common names for Orthoporus sp. Texas Brown Millipede, Texas Gold Millipede, Gold Desert Millipede, Giant Desert Millipede, Desert Millipede, Sonoran Desert Millipede; if it has desert, gold, or brown in the common name, it's often Orthoporus sp., ha ha.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

rachmills

Arachnosquire
apart from the gold desert millipede i guess that needs more 'desert' conditions are there any of these that could cohabitate with the ivories as im moving the ivories to a large 50L tub

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
They just like it a tad dryer on the surface than other millipedes. Otherwise standard millipede care works fine.

Thanks,

Arthroverts