Recognize this? (s. am. species)

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi..

I bought 3 of this species a while ago as Pamphobeteus ultramarinus and I'm shore its not..
Its not a common sp. here in Sweden at least but some of my guesses are more common in the US trade.. So, Does anybody recognize this?
(2,5-3in)

//Björn "Bearo"

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
probably waaay off. .but when i saw it Lasiodora sp. came to my head :? probably wrong but it's worth a shot {D

vincent

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
TheNatural said:
Smells a lot like Lasiodora parahybana
Thats what i am thinkin too but the stripes on the knees seem to be too brown to me for that T :?

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nah.. I dont think Lasiodora parahybana

I'm leaning towards some kind of Phormictopus, but I have no experience of this Genus
Maby Homoeomma spp. ?

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Reminds me of a pic of saw somewhere of a Cyrtopholis sp.?

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its not P. ultramarinus, i would go with Bearo and go for Phormictopus, or Lasiodorides or Hommeoma sp.

and as all 3 of these sp are worth alot less than P. ultramarinus i would try to get some money back

Ray

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
it's not L. parahybana...mine is 6" and has zero leg stripes (never did). It does have the red hairs on the abdomen, the yellowish horizontal stripes around the leg joints, and the light brown coloring around the edge of the carapace.

It's not Homeomma sp. "blue"...i'm not familiar at all with other species so don't rule them out.

And know nothing about Phorms lol...but i would bet money it's not an L.p., but other Lasiodoras DO have the leg striping so might be another species.

Last edited:

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can't really offer any useful input, but what a beautiful T!

I love the pattern on the legs :)

Nathan`

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks to be the same as the one I have been asking about. The thread can be found here.

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
angelarachnid said:
Its not P. ultramarinus, i would go with Bearo and go for Phormictopus, or Lasiodorides or Hommeoma sp.

and as all 3 of these sp are worth alot less than P. ultramarinus i would try to get some money back

Ray
Nah.. I cant really get money back because I got them from a friend cheep and he didnt know that their not P. ultramarinus, because he bought them a while ago in Hamm as P. ultramarinus.. so he hasnt done anything wrong really..

Either I sell them as sp. sp. "What I think" if anyone is understanding and accepts it, or keep them until I can send a molt for ID. It just sucks that this isnt a species that I want.. At all :/

Ray>> Do you know anybody that can ID these kinds of spiders? I'm not shore if Volker or Sören accepts these..

Nathan`>> I dont know, I dont think they look that similar.. without going in to any details ;)

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lasiodorides striatus

Looks like Lasiodorides striatus "Goliath Stripe Leg" found in Peru, Colombia and Ecuador.

Todd