Rearing container hammock style (Manual Incubator)

Tarantulasse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pelo said:
You can also periodically moisten just the inside lip of the paper towel being careful not to wet the spiders.
Sorry, can someone clarify this part for me? Does this mean just slightly moisten the part of the paper towel outside of the container?

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tarantulasse said:
Sorry, can someone clarify this part for me? Does this mean just slightly moisten the part of the paper towel outside of the container?
>>slightly moisten along the "inside" of the rim.I usually put just a few drops along the inside rim...one drop every couple of inches.Be careful not to do too much in one area as the water will quickly leech down to the egg/nymph area very quickly resulting in wet eggs/nymphs....something you definitely don't want.

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
would it help to have an eye dropper to drip in the ventalation holes to keep the substrait moist?

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to ask a dumb question but one thing i still have not understood is do you need to be rotating the eggs in the hammock or are they good just lying there. Sorry for the urgency but my B. albo dropped her sac 3 weeks ago approx and i am getting ready to pull it. also how long do they spend in the eggs with legs stage.

cheers
ORION

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whats the best temperature is it best to keep the sac at while incubating??? im guessing about 25 to 27 degree's celcius or 77 to 80 degree's in farenheit
Am i far off??

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I do this same but instad of soil use woter themn put ewerything to isolateing box and set temperature ;]

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
See what this rearing hammock did for me.... little 1st instars.... hours of counting

WOOOO HOOOOO Sounds like mega fun to me

Attachments

azra3l

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like Klingon caviar....

grats ona healthy looking clutch there dude :D good effort.

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Rearing container hammock style - upgrade - whot do U think ??

why do I think it is better ?? ;

*more steril : no mold , no mites :]
*humid not wet in cocon conteiner
*it is easyer to keep still temperature in woter then in air

whot do You think about this ??

Last edited:

Stefan-V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice

You should put a weight on the bottom, or else it will not sink deep enough into the water and also for a little more stability.
besides that, I'd say "why not?":clap: It needs to be tested though.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a B.vagans drop a sack three days ago and today she has expelled itfrom her burrow. There were a fair few black eggs but nost look viable. Should I try this method or should I just throw the eggs out? The tarantula keepers guide stated this method of incubating wasn't very successful. Has anyone had a go with this method even this soon after the eggs were laid?

dylan muir

Arachnopeon
spiders

hello all my name is dylan , i have just recently bought a chili rose spider and am in great need of answers to some question please:D

dylan muir

Arachnopeon
can ask a stupid question? are spiders asexaul or do they need a partner, like male , female .

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All theraphosidae(tarantulas) need to have mated to produce eggs to my knowledge.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Although I'm not going to put it to much use this time around (sac mainly dried up), here's what I made using this thread. I used a t-shirt instead of paper towels (paranoid about the paper towels ripping).

Raqua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BakuBak said:

why do I think it is better ?? ;

*more steril : no mold , no mites :]
*humid not wet in cocon conteiner
*it is easyer to keep still temperature in woter then in air

whot do You think about this ??
I use very simillar setup to yours. :) Just reversed, water is in the smaller box.

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dropped the egg sack on the floor by mistake!!!!, im so annoied with myself, all the eggs are broken away now from the ball it once was, is there fate sealed? :mad:

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes i would use 100 percent peat moss it works great and help keep the peat moss moist