1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really agressive T?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by PetrZ, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mistertim

mistertim Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Most tarantulas, regardless of genus or individual temperament, will usually choose to hide if possible in my experience. Yes you will encounter individuals spiders that will just go "YOLO" and decide that anything close to them is fair game, but usually that is a feeding response and not defensive and not aggressive. It really doesn't do a T much good to be aggressive towards a huge adversary (humans) as they'll lose in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I posted a pic of him after he eventually moulted and I was told he wasn't one

3. Dennis Nedry

Dennis Nedry Arachnobaron Active Member

I hear Phlogius sp "black" is pretty defensive, apparently they don't make very deep burrows and don't utilise hides often so that might be a good option if you want something that is always out and visible

4. Michael92

Michael92 Arachnopeon

All my T's have their own traits, my C. lividum is an absolute sweetheart even after many molts. My B. hamorii on the other hand is a nut case... just depends on the T itself in my opinion. I have heard all the horror stories about P. murinus and the ones I've worked with are fine.

5. Mini8leggedfreak

Mini8leggedfreak Arachnosquire Active Member

Every spider is different. I’ve been told they are great beginners, I got mine as a freebie and was freaking out until I found out they’re just hungry not angry.
    I was at a Toronto show and I’m quite sure it was the lady from TIW that said hers is like a dog. Very nice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ryan w

ryan w Arachnopeon

My a.genic wipes the floor with any of the old world species I keep, when it comes to aggression. The slightest hint of movement and it charges out of its burrow. It attacks water, tongues, it's furniture and the cat if it walks past its enclosure! Anything that moves is fair game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

:hilarious:

8. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

People say they are greedy for a reason

9. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

The Murderess* isn't really aggressive, our stripy legs mother does require regular sacrifices in order to appease her hunger, she is called "The Great Devourer" for a reason.

*0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata DTTI (Death To The Infidels)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Can comfirm. My terrorist squad requires lots of crickety goodness to be satisfied and happy, and grow up to become reliable troopers.
    :hilarious:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1