Rattlesnake Picture!

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
He backed up against a rock and I snapped a couple of pictures.. Unfortunately the sun was low and the shadows were harsh so my pictures are even harsher. It is a Southern Pacific Rattlesnake. My first rattlesnake of the year! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Attachments

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
cool! and those bees...they look much larger than honey bees, but I'm assuming that is what they are?
It's a bee party!

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Immortal,

They probably are honey bees. I was excited to see them too. The last time I found a hive out in the open like this was maybe 15 years ago. I know africanized bees are around here, but they are not nearly as common as the honey bees. I once talked to someone that had performed multiple bee removals in San Diego County. He said he only came across a hive of possible africanized bees one time.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
If they were africanized bees, you might have been chased away ;)
We went over to Mark's aunt's house last weekend. They have a beehive somewhere in their barn, and the honey bees were swarming. It was a nice warm sunny day. I stood under the eaves, and the buzzing was SO loud. I wish I had a hive right under my window...I love that sound (impractical, I know!).
There is nothing better than listening to thousands of honey bees buzzing around.

oblivion56

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
too cool,finding herps in the field rocks!when i was in venezuela,i felt like i had my own nature show!especially when i caught a fer de lance! :eek: