Rate My Heterometrus Vivarium

Forest Scorpion

Arachnopeon
What do you think? The pictures are at ~75 days grown in. The plants are mostly doing well and expanding rapidly. I think I might need something more on the left near the sphagnum moss.

The scorpion seems happy and healthy. He has a burrow under the log that is ~12in./30cm long and he is now eating regularly. He almost never comes out when I can see him, but he frequently rearranges the moss, so I know he's out and about at night.

Anything I should change or improve?

IMAG0070.jpg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks good, deep sustrate and hidingplaces, maybe to "spacy" hides, but maybe thera are more that i dont see? Looks good to me!

Forest Scorpion

Arachnopeon
Looks good, deep sustrate and hidingplaces, maybe to "spacy" hides, but maybe thera are more that i dont see? Looks good to me!
What exactly do you mean by "too spacy"? There aren't really any other hides than what can be clearly seen in the photo, but the slot under the log is just barely big enough for the scorpion to fit. It was smaller when I initially set up the enclosure, but he shaped it to the way it currently is. He has never used the area under the rocks, so I do assume that it is not 'cozy' enough.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aha, if it is just big enough for the scorpion,, my bad! Its all good though

Very nice! Great decor and I'm sure the deep substrate will be much appreciated. I can't wait to put together something like this for my new Heterometrus laoticus.

Forest Scorpion

Arachnopeon
Thank you, everyone. I'm glad the setup looks good. I've wanted a scorpion since childhood, and it has been just as awesome as I thought it would be.