Rare Tarantulas

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Proshapalopus amazonicus. Orithoctontinae sp Laos. And I believe Acanthoscurria theraphsoides. All rarer spiders

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oops , changed it , it was meant to be a like , silly me !
Don't change it because I've laid the guilt trip on you. Now I've got 2 T sp cajamarca sulking and a T lagunas thats refusing to eat because it feels unloved :p

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Don't change it because I've laid the guilt trip on you. Now I've got 2 T sp cajamarca sulking and a T lagunas thats refusing to eat because it feels unloved :p
Oh no , that’s no good . Didn’t mean to hurt their feelings

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Look ken the bug guy I've learnt is not the best place to buy from but he has allot of stuff so I do anyways
I live like 5 minutes away from him so I don't have to ship :D

I don't really buy much from him, though. He doesn't generally have the species I want.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Look ken the bug guy I've learnt is not the best place to buy from but he has allot of stuff so I do anyways
Okay. I'm sure there are breeders that can sell you one for less, including shipping. Although my comment wasn't necessarily meant for a breeder but more for the prices in general in the US, even for a B.albopilosum. Did you get a sling or older one? Slings go here for around 2€, say $2,40? Shipping throughout Europe costs around 20€, Netherlands only 6,95€.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Jokes aside, I dunno how rare Sahydroaraneus raja is but they're pretty expensive.
A bit rare, altough like @Andrea82 I've saw those (here, in Europe). IMO they are not worth the money in general asked... they are too little (size talking) for my taste :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Okay. I'm sure there are breeders that can sell you one for less, including shipping. Although my comment wasn't necessarily meant for a breeder but more for the prices in general in the US, even for a B.albopilosum. Did you get a sling or older one? Slings go here for around 2€, say $2,40? Shipping throughout Europe costs around 20€, Netherlands only 6,95€.
I'm fairly sure that for the most part EU prices are lower than US prices. I'm sure there are exceptions and with the centipede market it is fairly variable but I know that swiftsinverts is selling 1/2 inch b. Albo slings for 20 bucks plus shipping.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I got a 0.5" sling

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm fairly sure that for the most part EU prices are lower than US prices. I'm sure there are exceptions and with the centipede market it is fairly variable but I know that swiftsinverts is selling 1/2 inch b. Albo slings for 20 bucks plus shipping.
Is that for the hobby form or the Nicaraguan?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Is that for the hobby form or the Nicaraguan?
There are two different listings for two different slings. One listing is for a Honduran albo and it's 8 bucks for 1/4 inch sling. The second listing is asking 20 bucks for a 1/2 inch Nicaraguan albo.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
There are two different listings for two different slings. One listing is for a Honduran albo and it's 8 bucks for 1/4 inch sling. The second listing is asking 20 bucks for a 1/2 inch Nicaraguan albo.
Oh, the price is more reasonable then, for US rate anyways :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just out of curiosity, what species are currently considered "rare" in the hobby, and/or highly coveted by keepers?

As an example, I noticed a recent spike in G. pulchra availability. When I bought mine, they were extremely hard to find, and now it seems like they're popping up for sale everywhere. I've only been at this for less than two years, so I'm wondering if long-time keepers can speak to how common it is for availability of species to fluctuate like this.

Define rare? It depends upon where one lives. There's a species in Europe that comes from the USA, and plenty in Europe that are hard to get in the USA.