Rare, Hard to get species?!

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
The most expensive I've seen is Xenesthis sp. blue. Not sure if that means that they're really rare, but often that is the case with supply and demand.

400 bucks. :astonished:
Interesting! They are available here in EU for around 130 USD.

Chevron34

Arachnopeon
Expensive/rare in Europe: Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus 2i: 135 Euro
And:
Pamphobeteus sp. solaris 0.1: 600 Euro!!!

Also rare in Europe: Aphonopelma everything, except seemanni. Somehow they don't make it across to Europe. I want an A. moderatum - have been looking for 5 years, never seen one for sale anywhere.
If you are still looking for Aphonopelma spices Tarantula Canada has some species now. I don't know about the shipping though.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I don't know if this Theraphosidae is worth the money they ask, but IMO not so common indeed. The name, 'rufus', cracks me up because reminds me of an ignorant and lovely U.S redneck farmer.

'rufus'... muahahahah :-s
Evangelium Secundum Marcum 15:21, et Epistola B. Pauli Apostoli ad Romanus 16:13

Coiled Colt

Arachnopeon
Know this is from May 2017, but The Spider Shop has:
Brazilian Jewels (Typhochlaena seladonia)

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lateapexpredator

So angry
Ive been searching for an Aviculara hirschii since I found out they existed and haven't been able to find anything recent on them :(

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Phlogius sp "black" is really hard to find here, rattlesnake tarantulas go for a huge amount of money when they pop up once in a blue moon, I've only ever seen or heard of one individual red colour form coremiocnemis tropix from a guy on Facebook and its an absolute stunner and there's supposedly "diving tarantulas" in Queensland. There's also apparently Australian arboreal tarantulas which are yet to even be properly recognised as something that exists let alone entering the hobby.

There's some super rare, undiscovered and interesting Aussie Ts that I'd love to see enter the hobby

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
Speaking of the moderatum, is a 4" female worth 150? (hopefully this is on topic enough to not count as a tangent >.<)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Speaking of the moderatum, is a 4" female worth 150? (hopefully this is on topic enough to not count as a tangent >.<)
I'm not an expert on value, but I know a place that has tiny A. moderatum slings for $65. So, it's not a cheap sling. Adults are probably not cheap either.

GaMeR

Arachnopeon
Typhochlaena seladonia
Chilobrachys sp. "electric blue"
Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus
What's other name for Chilobrachys sp blue?
If you've meant on C.dyscolus I have almost adult female, it is the one on my profile pic currently, but I dont remember it being too expensive?

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
If you meant on C.dyscolus I have almost adult female, it is the one on my profile pic currently, but I dont remember it being too expensive?
Not the same tarantula.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you've meant on C.dyscolus I have almost adult female, it is the one on my profile pic currently, but I dont remember it being too expensive?
Electric Blue Earth Tiger or something like that, it's not the same as dyscolus blue.

They were around £100 for a sling but they've dropped in price considerably since that post, slings are about £30 a pop now.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Curious what are some of the rare hard to get species in the hobby? How about New species that have yet to become of abundance in the hobby? Back when I was a Teen it seems some of the NOW hard to finds were not so much so.
like i said in another thread the rarest T is the brachypelma albopilosum and i happen to be one of the only people on earth who owns one

esa space station

Arachnoknight
I am having a hard time finding a true T.blondi. I have the stirmi and apophysis which is my avatar picture, but finding a blondi is tuff. When I do find one its always a stirmi. One day I will have a blondi until then I will just enjoy the other 2.
There are plenty about in eu that ship to uk look online at spiderstore.de i to got fed up of not being able to get them!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
There are plenty about in eu that ship to uk look online at spiderstore.de i to got fed up of not being able to get them!
Sadly he's in the US and not Europe. But they are becoming more 'common' in the hobby. Downside is they're a pretty penny. I myself have been eyeing up some Pamphobeteus species, especially insignis and mascara but I'[ll just wait a year or two and see if they drop in price.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Sadly he's in the US and not Europe. But they are becoming more 'common' in the hobby. Downside is they're a pretty penny. I myself have been eyeing up some Pamphobeteus species, especially insignis and mascara but I'[ll just wait a year or two and see if they drop in price.
Im obviously not their regional sales agent but they do ship worldwide hence said feedback from various countrys if this any help to someone.purchased of recent would reccomend!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Im obviously not their regional sales agent but they do ship worldwide hence said feedback from various countrys if this any help to someone.purchased of recent would reccomend!
You must have a permit/license to import Ts from another country. If you don't, it's illegal and you can be fined a very large amount. Permits are very expensive and not something the normal hobbyist would get. Those who have purchased them without permits are brown boxing and if caught can ruin the hobby for others here in the states.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
You must have a permit/license to import Ts from another country. If you don't, it's illegal and you can be fined a very large amount. Permits are very expensive and not something the normal hobbyist would get. Those who have purchased them without permits are brown boxing and if caught can ruin the hobby for others here in the states.
AaaH sorry i wasnt aware of us customs procedures etc i can see how that would be a problem .i know there are dealers in america of t blondi .paul becker???maybe fran on here could help