Rank from Most Blue to Least Blue Tarantula

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
You sir are awesome! :) May the goddess grant you more egg sacs :)

Edit: The psychedelicus looks absolutely divine. Do they sport that color only under a flash?
Thanks and yes the flash certainly brings out the color in any tarantula. That is also a juvenile specimen, they tend to darken up and dull out with age.

Later, Tom

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I'm getting an adult female P. sazimai. The only other specie "I can think of" that can make me stop purchasing it is a very cheap T. cyaneolum.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
If you're including purple......Avicularia purpurea, then Aphonopelma seemanni BCF, Holothele sericea, there is more I'm sure.
Euathlus sp Blue, Homoeomma sp. Blue...
Someone should start a new list for purple T's! :D Going the other direction, I don't think there are really any green T's, are there? The closest I've seen is greenish-gray or blue-green. Just curious. :)

Are Euathlus sp. "blue" actually blue? I hadn't thought so from the photos I've seen, but then lighting is everything!

@efmp1987 another for your list (don't ask me where it should rank, lol) is Ischnocolinae sp."dominican blue." :)

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Someone should start a new list for purple T's! :D Going the other direction, I don't think there are really any green T's, are there? The closest I've seen is greenish-gray or blue-green. Just curious. :)

Are Euathlus sp. "blue" actually blue? I hadn't thought so from the photos I've seen, but then lighting is everything!

@efmp1987 another for your list (don't ask me where it should rank, lol) is Ischnocolinae sp."dominican blue." :)

N. incei has some greenish tints to it. ;) Purple is covered under blue. So many of those listed here are more purplish-tinged than blue for example :)

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
N. incei has some greenish tints to it. ;)
Hmm, not really... o_O But then I don't think I've seen them greener, which strikes me as odd, now that I think about it. Other arthropods, including other spiders, can be very green. I wonder why no tarantulas really are? Nor are there any white tarantulas, but then given their habitat, I wouldn't expect there to be any.

Purple is covered under blue. So many of those listed here are more purplish-tinged than blue for example :)
I would separate them; some tarantulas are clearly blue, some are clearly purple, some may be both and some may fall in between and those latter could be on both lists. ;)

... Should I remove aurantiaca from the list? Is it not purple? My desktop has a weird saturation.
Based on the photos, I'd say, yes, remove A. aurantiaca. It doesn't appear blue at all, rather antique gold or something along those lines.

I'd have to agree that Avicularia/Caribena versicolor is the most blue. Pseudhapalopus sp. "blue" should also be high up there, maybe second, but I'm not familiar with every other species that's been listed. Tarantulas that are other colors besides blue, have only blue legs, etc. should be further down the list than ones that are all blue in my opinion. And as long as we're including T's that aren't completely blue, Idiothele mira has lovely feet! ;)

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

The femurs on the Euathlus sp Blue are indeed deep metallic blue ;)
and Holothele sericea = Ischnocolinae sp."dominican blue."
2016-06-24 21.13.52.jpg

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
The femurs on the Euathlus sp Blue are indeed deep metallic blue ;)
and Holothele sericea = Ischnocolinae sp."dominican blue."
View attachment 253048
What do you think of Euathlus sp. Blue? Theres a bunch here for sale at a local pet shop. They have around 50 species. XD

Edit: Thats a beautiful shot btw. I wonder if T. Cyaneolums overall color are as deep blue as that.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Ohm, adding to list:

* Coremiocnemis hoggi

Anyone knows what Haplocosmia "blue femur" is? Thanks in advance!