Rank from Most Blue to Least Blue Tarantula

cold blood

Staff member
Is it safe to say that from the list the bluest under natural conditions are P. metallica and C. cyaneopubescens? Both have powder blue colors too :)
Many P. mets turn almost black.

You mentioned several species that just aren't blue at all, like Orphnaecus sp "blue Panay" and hati hati, and completely ignored M. balfouri;)View media item 40918
My vote is the LV

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Many P. mets turn almost black.

You mentioned several species that just aren't blue at all, like Orphnaecus sp "blue Panay" and hati hati, and completely ignored M. balfouri;)View media item 40918
My vote is the LV

Isn't hati-hati light blue from google images? But yep, the reason behind the post is to get opinions as to which ones are not really blue/purple, and which ones are blue/purple, and add species that are truly blue.

I excluded from M. balfouri due to following reason(s):

1. Some people swear that the blue parts is NOT blue at all under natural light.

Can you shed light as to the "blue-ness" of that baboon?

Edit: I will remove "Panay blue" from the list and attrobute it to you. Thanks!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
H pulchripes have a yellow spotted pattern like most baboons, but have bright blue legs, just google some pics of them.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Oh.. they are yellow. With dark spots. But have blue legs.

I dont think we're on the same page. LOL what about the pic of the T on the picture that you quoted and which you Identified as H. pulchripes but is all blue? With no hint of yellow.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You said H. pulchripes has some yellow spotted pattern but the T in the pic are all blue so I sought clarification :D
I dont think we're on the same page. LOL what about the pic of the T on the picture that you quoted and which you Identified as H. pulchripes but is all blue? With no hint of yellow.
Filter! Just google pictures of H. pulchripes. Please.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight

Filter! Just google pictures of H. pulchripes. Please.
Okay. Let me rephrase. The all-blue pulchripes (with no hint of yellow), is it a color form?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Okay. Let me rephrase. The all-blue pulchripes (with no hint of yellow), is it a color form?
No. That is a wonder of Photoshop. Screenshot_20170821-230618.png
Here's a ridiculous A Avicularia I did in 30s. It's not tough.
A aurantiaca Screenshot_20170920-214327.png
And that's not even with Photoshop, just with edits from my phone.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
No. That is a wonder of Photoshop. View attachment 252664
Here's a ridiculous A Avicularia I did in 30s. It's not tough.
A aurantiaca View attachment 252665
And that's not even with Photoshop, just with edits from my phone.

Photoshop. Stupid people LOL xD I thought it was some glorious color form. Thanks!

And yes those T's definitely sparkle like crystals. Mmmmmmm. The last avic is pleasant to the eyes. Thanks for these Pics!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Photoshop. Stupid people LOL xD I thought it was some glorious color form. Thanks!

And yes those T's definitely sparkle like crystals. Mmmmmmm. The last avic is pleasant to the eyes. Thanks for these Pics!
Lol anytime. :)

Thanks, love my Avics. That aurantiaca should be molting soon too, so I'm excited for that

cold blood

Staff member
Isn't hati-hati light blue from google images? But yep, the reason behind the post is to get opinions as to which ones are not really blue/purple, and which ones are blue/purple, and add species that are truly blue.

I excluded from M. balfouri due to following reason(s):

1. Some people swear that the blue parts is NOT blue at all under natural light.

Can you shed light as to the "blue-ness" of that baboon?

Edit: I will remove "Panay blue" from the list and attrobute it to you. Thanks!
yeah, theyre blue