random death

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just found my orange baboon "sunshine" dead with no known causes... i was doing my rounds and i looked inside her hide and she looked a bit funny so i decided to see if i could get her moving and i couldnt (we all know how defensive OBTs can be of there home ;) )so i took her tank and put it in the bathtub and tried getting her out of her hide by lifting it up hoping she would crawl out and she didnt so i finally got the nerve up to try and pull her out with forceps and needless to say she didnt fight back haha *sigh*..... she's now sitting in a deli cup on my desk where she is going to stay for the night then she's going into the freezer till i can mount her up.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry for your loss. sounds like you'll be able to continue enjoying her, at least.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aaaawwwww, that really sucks. :( :(
So sorry for you....
Feel the Hug..xxxxxxx

~Rochelle

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry for your loss. sounds like you'll be able to continue enjoying her, at least.
haha yeh.. sorry if it soudns a bit wierd but i tend to display my inverts even after death.....

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks all for the condolences she was my favorite T

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha yeh.. sorry if it soudns a bit wierd but i tend to display my inverts even after death.....
my mom had both our cats and our old dog cremated and she keeps them in little custom boxes in her bedroom. obviously, it's more of a sentimental reason (otherwise she might have them stuffed, lol). but if you look at it from a hobbiest/science enthusiast standpoint, throwing away a deceased tarantula could be a waste of a perfectly good specimen.

heck, i'd do it if i had the time/skills. i don't think i could do it to my vertebrate pets, though. some strange "line" i've drawn in my head.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my mom had both our cats and our old dog cremated and she keeps them in little custom boxes in her bedroom. obviously, it's more of a sentimental reason (otherwise she might have them stuffed, lol). but if you look at it from a hobbiest/science enthusiast standpoint, throwing away a deceased tarantula could be a waste of a perfectly good specimen.

heck, i'd do it if i had the time/skills. i don't think i could do it to my vertebrate pets, though. some strange "line" i've drawn in my head.
yeah, inverts are one thing but i dont think i could do that to a vert either lol

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How?

How do you display them or mount them after they die? Might be an interesting thread to develop (with pics and so forth). (or has it been done?) I didn't use the search function, so let the beatings begin!

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
check page 3 of my photo thread i have a a. hentzi or anax i still cant tell lol thats mounted up.

i pretty much jsut position the legs with pinns.. when i mount her i will take pics and post them

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
photo thread

Wow, great photo thread! Do you take out the abdominal contents or just pin it and let it dry? I'm wondering what it would look like if you took out the abd contents and replaced them with something (cotton ball?).

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that was the first T ive ever mounted and i didnt replace the insides of the abdomen with cotton so it shrunk... i had a MM obt die on my that i put cutton into and it loosk terrific.. not 100% but almsot there... i expect the female will be easier to stuff since it has a bigger abdomen