Rainforest scorpion gravid?

KayMaree

Arachnopeon
Heyy
I received this girl a few days ago and was wondering if she's pregnant or if that's how she's suppose to look?

Cheers.

Attachments

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
Yes, i think she is. I actually have a Liocheles Australasiae (Which actually looks like that but smaller in size) and her body is also like that, after some weeks she have 19 scorplings on her back. :)

BTW, is that Liocheles Waigiensis?

KayMaree

Arachnopeon
Yes, i think she is. I actually have a Liocheles Australasiae (Which actually looks like that but smaller in size) and her body is also like that, after some weeks she have 19 scorplings on her back. :)

BTW, is that Liocheles Waigiensis?
I was hoping she was just chubby.
How cute! Are they pregnant for a while? I've tried reading up on them but I can't find a heap of information.
She sure it ☺

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
How cute! Are they pregnant for a while? I've tried reading up on them but I can't find a heap of information.
She sure it ☺
Mine was wild caught, so i don't really have any idea in how long the gestation period is. Typically scorpions (depending on the species) gives birth in about 5-12 months after a successfull mate. From the looks of your girl, i think she's about to pop. :)

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
She sure it ☺
Mine was wild caught, so i don't really have any idea in how long the gestation period is. Typically scorpions (depending on the species) gives birth in about 5-12 months after a successfull mate. From the looks of your girl, i think she's about to pop. :)

KayMaree

Arachnopeon
Oh wow. I didn't realise it was that long.
This is what she looks like today. She looks way skinnier now, I think.

Attachments

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
Oh wow. I didn't realise it was that long.
This is what she looks like today. She looks way skinnier now, I think.[/QUOTE
Well now i don't know, since in the last picture she looks really gravid. But now she really do got skinnier. I don't know sorry, I'm not really that good with liocheles sp's haha.