1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainforest scorpion gravid?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by KayMaree, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:02 AM.

1. KayMaree

KayMaree Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Heyy
    I received this girl a few days ago and was wondering if she's pregnant or if that's how she's suppose to look?

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. Arachnotroik

Arachnotroik Arachnopeon

Yes, i think she is. I actually have a Liocheles Australasiae (Which actually looks like that but smaller in size) and her body is also like that, after some weeks she have 19 scorplings on her back. :)

BTW, is that Liocheles Waigiensis?

3. KayMaree

KayMaree Arachnopeon

I was hoping she was just chubby.
    How cute! Are they pregnant for a while? I've tried reading up on them but I can't find a heap of information.
    She sure it ☺

4. Arachnotroik

Arachnotroik Arachnopeon

Mine was wild caught, so i don't really have any idea in how long the gestation period is. Typically scorpions (depending on the species) gives birth in about 5-12 months after a successfull mate. From the looks of your girl, i think she's about to pop. :)

5. Arachnotroik

Arachnotroik Arachnopeon

Mine was wild caught, so i don't really have any idea in how long the gestation period is. Typically scorpions (depending on the species) gives birth in about 5-12 months after a successfull mate. From the looks of your girl, i think she's about to pop. :)

6. KayMaree

KayMaree Arachnopeon

Oh wow. I didn't realise it was that long.
    This is what she looks like today. She looks way skinnier now, I think.

Attached Files:

7. Arachnotroik

Arachnotroik Arachnopeon