1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Reference guide to answer common questions

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by xhexdx, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Given this ravenous appetite that this species is known to have, if it is refusing prey and sealing itself in, there is a good chance that it is in pre-molt.

Have you gotten a look at the abdomen? In the days before a sling is about to molt, the abdomen often looks shiny and dark.

[​IMG]

2. Tarantula Ben

Tarantula Ben Arachnopeon

Arizona

3. Tarantula Ben

Tarantula Ben Arachnopeon

Arizona
    My A. Geniculata molted! I checked on her earlier, and even though she is in her burrow, I could see her old molt, and her new body looks grey and bigger too! I'm excited and relieved!

• Like Like x 1
  4. This doesnt seem to be the most active thread but hopefully someone sees this and answers me. Ive been reading through a lot of threads and seeing "EWL" kindof scattered around. I searched it here and everywhere else i could think and found nothing. Im just curious of the meaning and thought here would be a good place to ask without clogging the other threads with newbie dumb stuff. Thanks in advance!

5. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoengineer Arachnosupporter

*sees an inactive thread* Better reply! ;)

Just make a new thread, mate. But EWL means "eggs with legs", which is the stage right after a literal egg.