Quick help.

acrudy

Arachnopeon
Okay, So i placed my rosie in an icu around 3 o clock today w thoughts of possible dehydration (extremely lethargic) and i was worried about the possible cut on the bottom side of her abdomen i observed when i did a quick pinch grap and rolled her over and i checked back w her about 10 mins ago 9:40 pm and it appears she has began to molt however it seems she has started molting sitting upright and not on her back how they usually do it appears her carapace has been removed and is clearly detached as they do in molting but the odd thing is shes doing it sitting normally and not on her back whats up w/ that?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They will sometimes molt like that. Leave it alone and let it finish its molt.

What gave you the impression it was dehydrated? Only a shriveled/wrinkled abdomen is an indicator of being dehydrated, not being lethargic.

acrudy

Arachnopeon
Thats my fault then, I was under the impression that being extremely lethargic maybe a sign of dehydration I really just didnt want to risk it im not an expert my any means so i figured it was better to be safe than sorry?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats my fault then, I was under the impression that being extremely lethargic maybe a sign of dehydration I really just didnt want to risk it im not an expert my any means so i figured it was better to be safe than sorry?
Actually, being lethargic is a sign of pre-molt.

acrudy

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info, is it okay that i put her in an icu to be safe though?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the info, is it okay that i put her in an icu to be safe though?
You really should never move T's that are starting to molt, but your heart was in the right place.
Did you notice the thick mat of webbing under where she was sitting? Thats the mat they lay down to molt on. If you ever see your T on a molt mat, and its acting lethargic, don't mess with it.

Just let her be, and she should be ok.
As for the cut on the abdomen, those are never good. But if she molts out, then she will be good as new.

acrudy

Arachnopeon
see and that's what got me, there was no molt mat so I ruled out premolt...Looks like I shouldn't have