1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions sexing and buying

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by ReleaseTheQuacken, Apr 16, 2018.

1. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Advertisement
    Just put the cup over it...there's never a need to touch any t.

Like I said, if you buy from a reputable seller, you shouldn't have to be so concerned....good sellers don't become good sellers by defrauding their buyers.

You could ask for a ventral shot if you wanted, most sellers would ablidge...some may even be able to provide the last molt...some may be able to provide other evidence...for instance, I recently sold 2 P. cam females...I never vent or molt sexed them, but I did provide pics of both holding an egg sac...phantom sacs, but only a female can do that.

Didn't effect me for 15 years, then bam, they did. It will happen with enough exposure, so my advice is to limit that exposure while you are still unaffected.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ReleaseTheQuacken

ReleaseTheQuacken Arachnopeon Active Member

Nj
    Considering I get allergies from somethings... i wouldnt want to find out. Ill just wear some gloves to prevent it getting on me. maybe some glasses because the place I'd least want them in is my eyes..

I hate having to flush out my eyes.....

@cold blood : true it does sound good. If reviews dont show problem I am not sure why I should be concerned.

Edit: By the way... what would a lasiodora parahybana(salmon pink birdeater) need in terms of space? Would it be too much to provide it with a 30inch long terrarium?

also why are they called salmon pink? they're predominantly black...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I only react to Acanthoscurria, Phormictopus, and Lasiodora hairs.

Out of those, Lasiodora hairs are the worst by far.

4. The Grym Reaper

Because the setae on their abdomens is the same colour as salmon meat.

5. ReleaseTheQuacken

Nj
    Oh also... I saw a video of a middle aged couple who had what appeared to be one bird eaters... and his female was going into a moult but the moult turned out bad..

this particular video he decides to surgically remove it. The end of it was that it died. Apparently it wasn't moulting the right way as it was doing so upwards and I don't know how that could had been prevented but here's the firsr video where it shows her moulting wrongly. Apparently the one part dried up and the legs were stuck.

How do you avoid these issues?

6. The Grym Reaper

By making sure your husbandry is on point. Other than that, there's not really much you can do, bad moults happen.

7. ReleaseTheQuacken

Nj
    Hm fair enough.