Questions on housing

Kia4evr

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I got a baby emperor last Wednesday and I have yet gotten it to eat. I originally had it in a 10 gallon with 76% humidity and ambient temp about 72-75. I just downgraded him to a 2.5 acrylic today with humidity at 80% and ambient temp at 73. Of course now he is climbing the walls and I am hoping it is just because I put him in there today. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Darktiger432

Arachnopeon
Even that looks big and I would add couple more inches of substrate so it can burrow depending on how big it is. . Maybe some play clay sand? So its burrow can hold in place. I have a Heterometrus spinifer and only use coco fiber. It has made burrow and it the burrow hasn't calapse. I only have one scorpion. So im still learning.

Kia4evr

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I may do it after some time. I don’t want to stress him out too much

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The Enclosure size is fine. But it needs a few more inches of moist substrate to burrow. Don't chase humidity numbers, as long as the substrate is moist it will be fine.

It needs a new water dish. That one is too smooth and they don't work that well. If you want to be fancy you can get one of those reptile rock looking ones, but I just use souffle cups as long as it is level with the substrate so they can get to the water. Also ensure it can get out of the dish if it derps and falls in.