Question...

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, i live in central PA, and i was talking to one of my friends at the local hangout spot and he was telling me about how he has been finding big spiders behind his house near his wood pile. he said they are hairy and that they have the same fang structure as a Tarantula and Trap door. he says that one of the ones he found has like diamond shapes on its abdomen. i told him i would have to see them so i could try to identify them. My question is, is there any native tarantulas in central PA? or what could these spiders he is finding be? I'm going to try to get ahold of him today and go to his house and try to find/catch some. if i do then i will take some pics and post them. But any help of what these spiders could be would be very helpful.

-Mattyb

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah take some pics Matt, i'm now curious on what your friend is talking about. i dont think Ts live in colder northern state like Pa. Ts mostly live in drier warm states like Ok, Tx, Fl, Az, etc.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well whatever they are Joe i'll take some pics, and i'll let you and all the other guys/gals on the board let me know what i'm dealing with.

-Mattyb

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I sure hope so...then i will finally have one...tho my other one died, i'll have one. i know some people say they are a boring species but i don't care i just wanna see one eat! lol

-Mattyb

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think any Ts are native East of the Mississippi. I know that there is an isolated population of B vagans in Florida but they were introduced there.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well i went to look at these so called Ts, and all i found were a few large wolf spiders, so yeah it was nothing.

-Mattyb