Question on water for T's

thefatunicorn

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! This is my first post on here... I've only been keeping my T's for a couple of months and am fairly new to all this. I've been lurking a lot tho :troll:

I'm wondering what type of water you all give your T's, tap, distilled, RO? Does it matter in your opinions? I've kept fish nearly all my life, where water quality is of course of the utmost importance. Reptiles too, where it's best to offer distilled or at least treated tap water. I've been offering my T's distilled, which I assume won't hurt, but is this necessary for them?

Thanks! Love the forum. Super informative :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Tap water.

Now I have had a couple really random deaths. But I don't think it was the water.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
Tap water. I usually fill up a jug and let it sit for a day or so before using it. Just a habit I picked up from other hobbies.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm wondering what type of water you all give your T's, tap, distilled, RO?
Kona Nigari Water, and served into Lombardy artisan hand made alabaster "water dish". I want the best, or nothing: life is too short for complain about bucks like a Scrooge :cigar:

:troll:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I use distilled water for all water dishes. If inverts are anything like birds they have a toxicity level threshold that when passed kills them. Call it cheap insurance, there is way to much added to municipal water systems that while we are able to pass. Smaller systems are not able to void whats toxic.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I've always just used tap, and cant say I ever put much thought to it until reading your question. Not sure if I'm gonna switch or not, but it's definitely something to think about...

Mila

Arachnoknight
tap water but i let it stand for 24 hours and during that 24 hours stir it randomly to get the chlorine to evaporate

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I use distilled to prevent water spots. Tap water doesn’t hurt Ts under normal circumstances. Just a preference of mine:)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Only bottled. The crap from the tap would leave junk on the glass if it got sprayed. I don’t drink the Indiana water and I would be nervous to use it with my spiders. A jug of water is $.88 And lasts for a few weeks.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I figure if I don't run tap water through my coffee maker so it doesn't get residue build up, like you see on your shower head, I'm not gonna run it through my spiders.

Mila

Arachnoknight
I figure if I don't run tap water through my coffee maker so it doesn't get residue build up, like you see on your shower head, I'm not gonna run it through my spiders.
calcium carbonate is in every water source on earth.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Mine all drink Brawndo. It's got what spiders crave!!!

No but seriously- they drink plain old tap water.